Chapter 6

Little bit of heated kissing and angst (Joe & Brian both have anxiety) you've been warned.

Joe kissed her back as best as he could. He still felt sick. His body was ridden with anxiety from their fight; and she hadn't even confirmed for him that it was over. He didn't in the slightest feel up to being intimate; he couldn't possibly fathom why she did. But she had just told him that he hadn't been expressing his appreciation for her enough, so the last thing he wanted to do was reject her. He grabbed her waist, kissing her back passionately and opening his mouth into their kiss. His hands were still trembling; he wished his emotions could just shut off so that he could focus on what they were doing.

He gasped as Zoey placed her hands on his belt, moving her lips to his neck. He pulled her closer against him, allowing his hands to travel up and down her sides. His hands found the bottom of her shirt eventually and he allowed them to dip under so he could feel her soft skin. She lowered on of her hands down to grab at his crotch, making him moan. He grabbed her hips firmly, pulling away from their kiss for air. "Zo," Joe whispered.

Zoey responded by grabbing his wrist and pulling him behind her. They reached the couch and she pushed him down so he was sitting, before climbing onto his lap. "Arms up." She commanded and Joe obeyed, allowing her to lift his shirt over her head. She kissed him feverishly, grinding her hips against his as she straddled him. Joe placed his hands along the edge of the couch behind him; they were still shaking. His chest was trembling as well, his breaths coming out uneven. Could she not sense it? Or did she just not care? No of course that wasn't it, she wouldn't be forcing him to do this if she knew that he was uncomfortable. He still really wished she would stop and they could just talk, but he was scared she would blow up on him if he said so.

She lowered her mouth to Joe's neck and started sucking and biting harshly. Joe groaned, trying to make sense of his emotions. What she was doing felt good; why was he just sitting there stressing over their fight? He wrapped his arms back around her, moaning to let her know that he was enjoying what she was doing. She continued to grind against him as she sucked, and he bucked up in retaliation, making her moan against his skin. She bit down harshly, actually making Joe yelp. "Babe, stop it you're gonna give me a hickey."

"I'm aware. It's called marking my territory." She whispered sensually against his skin, before biting him again.

Joe moaned sharply. "I don't want people to see."

"I do. People need to know that you're owned." She pulled away from his neck, leaning in and kissing him forcefully. Joe kissed her back, even though he felt like she was suffocating him. Her kisses traveled from his lips to his cheeks. She kissed up until she reached his ear, where she licked up the side before biting down on the lobe. "You belong here. With me. You're mine. Understand?"

Joe nodded reassuringly. She sounded a little possessive, but he supposed she was just trying to be in the moment. "I love you Zoey." He whispered, hoping to god he could just hear it back.

She stood up off of him, staring down with lustful eyes. "Good. Get upstairs and prove it."

xXx

Brian pulled his jacket on, his hands needing something to do. He'd practically ran to the choir room once the bell for seventh period had rang, even though Joe had told him it might be a little while.

That little while was beginning to turn into a long while. He resisted the urge to check his watch again; he'd been checking it every thirty seconds for the better part of an hour. He pulled out his phone. Should he text him? He shook his head no. Joe had said he'd be there. He'll show up eventually. Brian put his phone back into his backpack so he'd stop checking it.
Of course, telling himself this didn't settle the anxiety swirling around in his chest. His mind was racing with scenarios. Had Joe been lying? Had he stood him up? Was he off right now with his girlfriend, the two of them laughing together about the sad gay underclassmen who was hopelessly in love with him?