Chapter 46

"Put this on your... everywhere."

Brian took the ice from Lauren, placing it over his left eye. They were back at Darren's, Brian curled up on his bed. His entire body was aching as Lauren and Darren tended to him.

"I should, I should move to the couch."

"L-lay down," Darren shoved Brian back down by his chest, a little harder than he'd meant to. "Sorrrrrry, I'm still a weeeeee-bit drunk." He rubbed his eyes, trying to clear his head. "Y-you're sleeping here. Period."

Brian rolled his eyes. "I'm not t-taking taking you out of a—" he rolled over to his side, coughing. His throat was still incredibly sore. "I'm not taking you out of your bed." While his voice was slowly coming back, it was still sounding raspy as a result of Sam choking him.

Lauren took another ice pack and rested it against the right side of Brian's neck. "Darren's right. You need to just rest. So does Joe, where the hell is he?"

"He'sss claiming that he's not huuuurt, b-but I know that 'e is." Darren slurred. "I'm-I'ma set 'im up in m-my brothersss room."

"I'm going to go look for him." Brian whispered, sitting up.

"No, let me go look," Lauren insisted, gently placing a hand on Brian's shoulder. "He's probably with Joey."

"I'll go!" Darren yelled excitedly, turning and immediately tripping.

Lauren sighed miserably. "You need to go lay down on the couch."

"No, Lauren!"

While Lauren started trying to get a drunk Darren to comply with her, Brian sat up, groaning a little. He brought both ice packs with him, resting one on his cheek and another on his rib cage. He hobbled around them, ignoring Lauren's pleases to get back into bed. Trying his best to correct his limp, he made his way down the hall, finding Joey and Joe in the bathroom.

Joe was shirtless, slight bruises and scratches all along his back. Brian raised an eyebrow; had those been there today when they'd done the show?

"Did Darren pass out yet?" Joey asked.

"Almost," Brian told them, stepping into the room. "Lauren's trying to get him to go sleep on the couch."

"Why the couch?" Joe asked.

"He wants me to sleep in his bed."

"You should," Joe told Brian, walking over to him. He gently ran a hand through his hair, causing Brian's heart to start beating rapidly. "His brother Chuck is away for college right now. You can sleep in his room."

"I-I think Darren said that he wanted you to sleep in his brothers room." Why was he touching his face like that? As if fact that he was shirtless wasn't enough.

Joe rolled his eyes. "I'm fine. You should be laying down." Before Brian knew what was happening, Joe scooped him up bridal style again, walking them out of the bathroom.

"Whoa, what are you—why?" Brian caught Joey's eye over Joe's shoulder. He had buried his hands into his mouth, trying with everything he had not to break out into hysterical laughter.

Joe shrugged as he made his way over to Chuck's bedroom. "Why not?" He kicked the door open, walking over and settling Brian down gently on the bed.

Joey poked his head in, watching eagerly as Joe sat down next to Brian and reached out to hold his ice for him. He smirked to himself, turning on the lights. They glanced in Joey's direction when the lights came on, gesturing for him to come sit with them. He shook his head. "Nah. I think you guys have some stuff to talk over." He winked at them, before pulling the door to close it.