Chapter 44

Part 2. I made this it's own chapter because it's the darkest one in the book. TW~ First half is very violent and includes choking, the second half has Zoey attempting to force herself onto Joe (I wanna emphasize 'attempting'; it goes a little further than earlier in the book when Zoey forced herself onto Joe, but overall there's nothing graphic). Still, please tread carefully and maybe hold off on reading if you're in a bad headspace.
If you don't want to read, message me and I'll send you a safe summary!

"You really thought it was a smart idea to show your face here tonight?"

Brian cried out as Sam shoved him against the wall. They'd gotten him so fast; one second he'd been sitting on the patio, staring at Joe while Joey had run off to get Darren; the next thing he knew there were arms around his chest and waist. Sam and his cronies had grabbed and dragged him away so fast that he could barely tell what was happening. He'd tried to scream, but someone placed a hand over his mouth as another pushed his upper body down so that nobody else noticed as he was half led half dragged up the stairs.

"Please, I'm sorry, I'll leave, DON'T—"

Sam slapped him across the face to shut him up. He yanked Brian forward by his shirt and shoved him back against the wall again. "You really are dumber than you look. Was Zoey not clear last time she talked to you? Fucking homo."

"Fuck you!" Brian screamed, trying to push Sam off of him. He knew in the moment that he wasn't strong enough to fight off Sam, but he didn't care. They were going to beat him up regardless of whether or not he begged; he wasn't going to take it sitting down.

Sam grabbed Brian by the hair, slamming his head into the wall, before pinning his forearm on Brian's neck. "Yeah yeah, you wish. Keep your disgusting fantasies to yourself, queer." Sam spat in his face, pressing down harder on Brian's neck.
Brian struggled with everything he had, trying to wrestle Sam's arm off of him. He couldn't breath; this wasn't like last time when Sam had held his head underwater. This time, he wasn't giving him any air. His mouth spread into a triumphant smile as Brian's face started to turn red. The smile shot terror into Brian's heart as tears started running down his face. For the first time, Brian was truly scared that they were going to kill him.

"Sam, you gotta let him have air," Doug said tentatively.

"Seriously dude, he's turning purple," Craig added, sounding alarmed.

Sam rolled his eyes, releasing Brian, who collapsed to the floor. "You guys are no fun," he said with a whine, standing over Brian. "Hey sorry man, I tried to make you lose consciousness so that you wouldn't be awake for the rest of this."

Brian was coughing and gasping, trying to catch his breath. He knew that this was most likely his only chance to run; but when Sam had released him he'd found that his legs failed him, and he'd slid down the wall. He'd shakily made his way to his knees in a desperate attempt to crawl away, but he knew that it was hopeless as Sam stood over him.

Sam grabbed him by his waist, dragging him back and stomping on his back. The blunt force knocked Brian down to his stomach, the wind being beaten out of him. "You should know by now that the less you struggle, the easier this will go down buddy." Sam kicked Brian's side, causing Brian to turn over and curl up. He laughed, using his foot to gently push Brian over so that he was on his back.

"Why doesn't—" Brian forced out a cough. "Why doesn't Zoey come fight me herself? I know she's not above getting her hands dirty." Sam kicked Brian in the chest to shut him up. Brian propped himself up on his elbows as he caught his breath. "Do you do everything that she asks you to? What are you, her bitch?"

Sam kicked Brian in the face, making him taste blood. "Shut the fuck up, you pathetic little fairy!"

Brian brought his hand to his mouth in an attempt to stifle the blood flow. He was laughing, even as Sam sat down on his chest. It was almost too easy to get under this guys skin. "I'm just saying—don't you even have a girlfriend of your own? Do you really spend all your time neglecting her for one that just orders you around and uses you for show when she wants to make her boyfriend jealous?"