Chapter 10

Short chapter but next one will be up soon. Also for the purpose of making my life easier in this AU Hermione is played by Meredith instead of Bonnie cuz I've been getting some Breredith requests.

"What do you want with a rocket ship? What business do you have on Mars?"

"Well, let's just say . . . Pigfarts, Pigfarts, here I come, Pigfarts, Pigfarts, yum yum yum, ahhhh—I'm sorry I can't," Lauren bent over laughing. "Darren, what the hell is this?"

"It's the Pigfarts song, what else?" Darren said bleakly, raising his arms up in confusion.

Joe brought a hand to his face as he laughed. He'd been going back and forth for the last two hours with working on this weird scene with Lauren and going over his duet with Brian for the show.

Nick dismissed Joe and Lauren to work on their dialogue together, Lauren deciding that now was the perfect time to get a feel for how Joe felt towards Brian.

"So," Joe started before Lauren could speak, "you and Richter seemed awfully cozy today?"

Lauren froze. She'd not be expecting that. "What?"

"You heard me. You and Joey. You guys seem like you get along well." Joe teased, smirking at her.

Lauren blinked at him, wondering what on earth Joe was talking about. "I could say the same about you and Rosenthal," Lauren said, pleased with herself for throwing the accusation back at Joe.

"What?"

"Yeah you heard me Walker. You and Brian seem awfully close all of a sudden."

"I mean, I guess." Joe shook his head. Why did he feel so defensive? "Brian's a great guy. He seems like a really good friend. So yeah we've been getting closer."

"Mhm," Lauren teased, glancing over at Brian and Joey, who were painting props together at the other side of the room. "Awfully cute, don't you think?" She asked, gesturing towards the pair.

Joe turned to see who Lauren was referring to. "So you do think Joey's cute."

Lauren rolled her eyes. "Not Joey dumbass. Rosenthal."

"You think Rosenthal's cute?"

"No—not for me!" Lauren groaned, flustered.

"What do you mean not for you?" Joe laughed, deciding to sit down since evidently they weren't really going to rehearse. "You just said he's cute."

Lauren froze to gather her thoughts. Her plan was not going as smoothly as she'd hoped. "I don't really know him that well. I was just pointing out the fact that he is an overall appealing guy. Wouldn't you agree?"

"Yeah sure, but anyway back to Joey—"

"No Joe," Lauren smirked, sitting down next to him. "I'm saying, wouldn't you agree?" She winked at him

Joe groaned. "Not this again Lo."

"Oh come on! What's the point in coming out to me if we can't observe and discuss cute boys together?"

"I have a girlfriend."

"I'm not telling you to go fuck anyone." Lauren said mischievously, raising her eyebrows at him. "We're just enjoying the sites."

"I have a site. My girlfriend. Period."

Lauren groaned. "And you think she's never looked at another guy? We're just talking about looking. You're human Joe. You've been with Zoey almost a year. You can look at other people."

Joe shook his head. "Zoey's my one and only. That's how I do relationships, and it's how she does them. I only have eyes for her, she only has eyes for me."