CHAPTER 4

*FRIDAY*

New day. New school. New year. New me. That's what I told myself looking in the mirror this morning. Although I knew whatever classes I had I was gonna have one with Hawk. It kinda scared me but I finally got something to look forward too. I get dressed and luckily I dyed my hair dirty blond finally. I was a new person. Now it was time to act like it. 

I take a breath and grab my backpack. All I had in there were pencils and a notebook. They said they were going to give me the books today. 

I walk out of the room and turn the corner and see my mom already packing my lunch. "Mom I'll just eat a school." I said setting my bag down next to the table. "Ew no do you know how gross high school cafeteria food is? Everything practically came from the trash most likely." "Okee mom." I said making her feel like she was being over dramatic. 

I sit down at the table and she brings over a plate with eggs and toast on it. "You ready for today? First day Jenny." "Mom?" "I mean Natalie. Sorry. It's kinda hard to get used to it." "I know but if we want to keep the down low ya gotta start to remember it alri?" I said nicely. "Yes sweetheart I know. Also-" she started sitting down at the table finished packing my lunch.

"Who was that kid the other day when we enrolled you?" "Who Hawk?" "Pft Hawk?" my mom chuckled. "Yeah he's just a stupid boy with a mohawk. He doesn't matter." "Well you seem to remember his name so obviously it matters." "Mom no. He's a jerk." "How so?" "He just is. And can you call that karate dojo tomorrow? I wanna start learning fast." "Sure I'll call at lunch break. Oh and also I might be home a little late tonight. There's food in the fridge." "okay." I mumbled feeling upset I wasn't going to see my mom tonight. She usually returns home when I get to sleep. 

"I'll drive you to school k?" I nod my head. 

After I finish breakfast and brush my teeth I hop into the car with my mom. She looks over at me and kisses the top of my head. "Just so I don't embarrass you." she said smiling. "You are a life saver mom." I said. She chuckled and turned on the car and headed down the road to school. 

We drive in front and see kids sitting outside the school sitting on the stairs and railings and other kids walking in and down the sidewalk. But no where was Hawk. "Hey I know it's scary being at a new school and a different person. But just get through first period alri?" I smile and nod. All my mom was as trying her best. Like she always does. 

I kiss her on her cheek and open the door. "Bye mom." I said waving at her. "Have a good day...Natalie." she finished. I blush and walk in ready for the first day. Well mostly. The air was fresh and it felt like I stepped into a whole other world. I felt excited but looked around for Hawk. The last thing I wanna do is run into him. 

I walk back and forth trying to find my locker but I couldn't find it. "Damn it come on not on the first day." I whined to myself. I was looking forward to so much, but I guess that was gonna have to wait till tomorrow. 

I finally find my locker and look at the time and it's almost time for first period. I open my locker and look inside it. "Hello secrets." I said feeling happy. I put my backpack in my locker and after I had to walk to the principles to get my books. 

*SLAM*

I jump back as I hear my locker being slammed shut feeling the wind of the corner of it pass my cheek almost leaving a cut on my face. "AH!" I screamed startled. I turn and it's Hawk and hid friends laughing. 

"You serious? You literally almost killed my face." I said irritated catching my breath. "Pft next time I won't miss." he said winking once again. "Ugh!" I said making a jerky face at him. "Don't be mad princess, you'll get to touch my hair someday. And maybe something else." "Why you-" "Hawk!" he turns to his friend. "Bells about to ring."