CHAPTER 5

I wake up and it's Saturday finally. The morning where I can see my mom again and hang out with some new people. Everything was coming together but it still was weird and I felt bad for lying to them. I pretending to be the friend they hope for.

I get dressed and walk out of the room and see my mom sitting on the couch with the TV. "Okay so we manage to get a couch and TV but we can't get me and you a bed?" "Were taking things slow." "Mom I love ya but I don't wanna sleep on a dirty floor anymore." "You're in a sleeping bag." "Mhm you see my problem." I sigh and sit down next to her. 

"We just got here. It's gonna take time to get back to the way we were. Just forget about that, what do ya wanna do today?" "Well mom. I actually met some kids at school who seemed really nice. They uh-helped me throughout the day and were going to the mall later today at three. Is that okay?" she smiles. "Of course it is. So I'm guessing your first day of school went well?"

"I think you spilled something."*HAWK POURING MILK ON REGGIE*

"Yup. Nothing went wrong." I said trying to hide it. "Any boooyyys." "Mom." "Okat fine." she said feeling bumbed. But she wasn't wrong. I did meet one guy. "Yeah I met this one guy" she turned off the TV and turned towards me. "Ooo what's his name?" she said raising her eyebrows. "His names Reggie. I met him in math class. I was late for first period because I had to get my books from the principle but when I got in there, there was no seats. So he offered for me to sit next to him." she started giggling excited. 

"Mom he's just a guy I met alright? It was the first day, for all we know he can be a jerk." "But is he?" I couldn't hold back a grin. "No. He's sweet." I said playing with my fingers. "So there mayve be a guy after all-" "Mom I don't know yet-" "NOPE SHE'S GOT A CRUSH!" she shouted excited. "Mom I don't have a crush-" "She like Reggie, she like Reggie. WOO!" she teased dancing around. 

"Mom stop." I chuckled. "You're blushing!" "Because you literally are so annoying." I chuckled again. "All for you baby." she said doing the Charleston. "Oh my mom-" I said putting my had to my face embarrassed. 

After a couples embarrassing seconds she sits back down next to me. "He's going to the mall today with us." "He is?" she asked smirking. "Yeah but I don't know if I like him yet. Or if I ever am going to like him. But it's always good to know that there's at least someone out there right?" she nodded. "That sounds exactly right." I smile. "Now what we havin for breakfast?" "I dunno, what time you gotta be there again?" "At three." "Oh perfect then. Wanna just see what coffee place they have around here?" "Yeah why not." 

"Great." I said. Our car broke down half way there but luckily we pulled next to the sidewalk so we weren't in the middle of the road. "Here I'll call the autobody place or whatever." I said getting out my phone while my mom was still trying to start the car in every which was she could. But nothing was working.

"It's okay mom their on their way." I said setting my phone down. "Who knows maybe they have food at the autobody place?" "Pft as if." I said feeling pissed a bit. But it was good to know that help was on the way. 

For a while we sat there in the car until finally the guy arrived. He knocked on the window. I raise it down and there was a man who looked about in his 20's staring at me. "Hello ma'am were here and are gonna take your car to the dealership to see what's been going on and get it back up and running alri?" my mom nods and we both get out of the car. He dude was wearing a tank top and had two demon tattoos on his back with his overalls hanging. 

"Um what dealership should we pick it up at?" my mom asked. "Larusso auto parts." he said hanging my mom the clipboard. "You guys can hop in the truck and wait there till it gets fixed. My and my mom looked at each other not knowing. But he seemed decent and he was driving the car that carried ours so why not. "Sure." I said.