CHAPTER 30

*AGE 15 BEFORE JACK*

"YOU'RE SO ANNOYING!" I screamed at my mom running down the stairs. "Don't you talk to me like that!" My mom shouted walking down the stairs to catch up with me. "Ugh you don't understand mom you can't always be worried about me 24/7 alright?! I know how to take care of myself. Why can't I just take a quiet walk to clear my thoughts?!" "Because your small and little girls your age get picked up almost every day I don't want to be that parent on the news that everyone blames for letting them walk out alone at night." "Mom you can't always use that as an excuse. Let me live my life! I'm not stupid I know my surroundings. I can take care of myself just let me go down the block?" "NO." My mom said in a stern voice. "Uggggh when can I finally have a normal life." "what do you think your dad would say to this?!" "I dunno. He left us alright!!" I screamed feeling hurt.

My mom took a huge sigh. "I know its been hard without your father not here. But I'm doing my best alright?" she said to me. I walk past her. "Yeah well do better" I said walking back up the stairs to my room. I couldn't wait to go to school tomorrow and just get out of this house.

*MORNING*

I get up and go downstairs feeling confident about my outfit choice. I usually like to look pretty presentable to school to let everyone know that my life isn't a complete and utter disaster. Some people still look at me differently now that my dad's gone. I barley knew him. but I mean all things come to an end sometime right? I'm just wondering why he left though. 

But last week I got a D on my math test and when I sighed the teacher came over and she said she would raise it to a B. I mean yay pity grades but come on guys my dad left my confidence didn't. I'm now the girl who has daddy issues. And that's all they see me as. But it's life right? At least I got Tori. She's always got my back and she never made me feel like my life isn't worse than it already is. We've been best friend sense 3rd grade when some kids were trying to pick on me and she stepped in and gave em a bloody nose. I dunno what I'd do without her. Sometimes I just feel like running away.

But anyway the bell rings and first period ends and I get excited because it's next class and it chorus. I love to sing. Its the only thing that keeps me going. And my music teacher Mr. Clifford is a dream. He is the sweetest and most kindest person out there. He always makes sure his students are okay. And he's HOOOT!

I know it's weird but no teacher should look like that

I know it's weird but no teacher should look like that. And he has a great sense of humor.

I go to my locker to put my books away and when I close my locker there she is. "ahh! Good grief Tori you scared the hell outta me" I said chuckling. "Sorry boo but how was first period?" "Ehhh still getting used to Science. We talked about chemicals or sum I have no clue that period is my nap time" I said laughing. "Sister you fell asleep again?!" "Well I went to bed late yesterday." I said raising my voice.

She looks at me and sighs. "what did you and your mom fight about this time?" "damn you know me so well." I said smiling. She giggles and I don't mind tellin her. "She just wouldn't let me go out on a walk last night." "She's smart ya know? It' dangerous to walk at night. Especially if you're a girl." "Okay you sound like my mom now and I already gotta see her later today. Nothing has happened in here in years!" "Nuh uh remember that girl who got raped my the caves? The guy got released so he's still out there-" "that doesn't mean anything. What are the chances of him coming and hour away from the desert, to my neighborhood at 11 oclock at night just to see if a little girl is walking." I said trying to make a point. "You never know. Men are desperate" I scoff. "Were in the middle. Of the damn DESSERT!" I snapped.