Moving Out

Third Person Pov

Marinette groaned as she rolled out of bed. Why didn't her alarm go off? She brushed it off as 'she forgot to set it'. Another day at school... well, at least she'll get to see Alya, It's been so long since they last hung out. The girl switched her alarm off and dragged herself into the bathroom. A few minutes later, she exited the bathroom and got dressed. She dashed a few things in her backpack and filled the bowls of Tikki and Plagg. Marinette smiled as she glanced at the two kittens... What will happen to them when the situation at hand begins...Maybe she'll teach them to take care of themselves? No...they're just cats...Maybe she'll leave them by Master Fu, he did adore them and they liked him too. The teen shrugged to herself when the time reaches she'll decide something, right now, she needed to get to school or she'd be late. She sighed, poking a slice of toast in her mouth, and grabbed her lunch bag. "Bye mama, bye papa!" She managed to say through the words came out a bit stifled. "Bye sweetheart," her mother replied, while her father shook her off. Marinette smiled as she rushed out of the bakery and made her way to the school across the road, chewing away on the toast. She ran through the almost empty halls, hurriedly paying her locker a visit, avoiding her teacher and into her seat, sitting down only seconds before the teacher walked in. She was rarely ever late, at least after she quitted, that is, she just wasn't as busy anymore. She no longer had to worry about missions five minutes before school. Alya stared at her best friend confused, and awaiting an explanation. "Woke-" Marinette whispered, panting for air, "woke up...late....forgot- forgot alarm...." Alya muffled her giggle with her hand though, the teacher still heard it. "Miss Cesaire, would you like to share with the class what's so funny?" Alya stopped dead in her tracks. "N-no ma'am," she quietly responded. Marinette clasped my hand on my mouth in an attempt to hold back my giggle. "It's alright, just pay attention to the lesson," Miss sighed as she turned around and resumed the lesson. Marinette happily went through her lessons, waiting for after school. If she knows anything about her best friend was that Alya would want to hang out after school. The school day passed by quickly for Marinette but extremely slow for her brunette friend. Soon enough the school day was over and Alya's planned day had begun. She grabbed the bluenette by the hand and rushed out the building. "C'mon! Why aren't they here yet?!" Marinette rolled her eyes as she pulled her hand away and held her wrist. "Maybe because you rushed out the minute the bell rang...Who are we even meeting?" Alya folded her arms and tapped her foot impatiently. "Adrien and Nino, obviously!" Marinette face palmed, she forgot she had to help Adrien to pack the remainder of his stuff. "What's wrong, girl? Did you have plans already?" Marinette nodded, "I was supposed to help Adrien to pack..." Alya smiled reassuringly, "Well, change of plans the four of us will help him pack. Is he going on vacation?" Marinette giggled shaking her head from side to side, "No, he's moving." Alya shook her head as a sign that she understood. The two boys soon arrived and they made their way to Adrien's base. "Nino, I need to ask a favour of you," Marinette whispered. "Sure dudette, what is it?" He replied. "Keep Alya from figuring Adrien's identity out," Nino nodded. The four teens made their way into the house and begun packing, it wasn't too hard, considering most things were already placed into boxes. "So, where are you moving to, Adrien?" Adrien's eyes widened as he thought about an answer. "Hello! Lover boy!" Marinette rolled her eyes. "He's not sure as yet, most likely an apartment or something," She answered for her spaced out teenaged lover. "Why not with you? You have an extra room and your parents would most likely allow it..." Alya replied. "Um..." Marinette glanced at Nino, practically begging for assistance. "Alya! I'm sure they have their reasons," Nino said. Alya shrugged and resumed filling the boxes. "Dudette, why did you-" Marinette cut him off with a small giggle. "You're Carapace, correct?" The boy stared dumbfounded at Marinette causing her to once again giggle. "For one you're extremely close to Adrien on his first day, almost as though you knew him from before, you have a resemblance to carapace and you try to avoid the topic of Chat's and Carapace's identities... pretty obvious" Nino blinked a few times before finally remembering what words were. "B-but what about me almost always around, I don't rush off unexpectedly!" Marinette smiled, "True, but from what I know, I'd say you aren't and didn't want to be in the top ranks like Chat. That's actually another reason why I suspected you! You're too kind to just kill someone knowing there's no reason why you should and Carapace doesn't kill, only rob or cause diversions. You're never making up excuses because you rarely have missions, and you like being in the low ranks because you're not really into the the whole 'criminal' organization. Carapace haven't been seen for a few months now, and that's probably because you quitted," Nino nervously chuckled. The bluenette had him completely figured out. "Yeah... I don't need to be a criminal to hang out with Adrien anymore and yes, I'm not into the whole 'evil organization' thing... so I quit..." Nino confirmed. "What are you to mumbling 'bout?" Alya enquired. "Nothing too important, just something about...uh...the 'villains'! Sorry, if you felt left out Alya!" Alya smiled and shook her head too assure her best friend that everything was fine. "Oh alright, but I'll need some help with packing. Lover boy's still out!" The three laughed as they glanced at Adrien who had officially became a tomato. "Ok, we'll help just now, there's one more thing your boyfriend and I need to speak about ~" Marinette teased making the brunette and DJ blush. "O-okay! Just hurry up!" Alya spun around covering her face in embarrassment. "Anyways, I've been here a couple of times before, majority of his Chat Noir related stuff are in his room. You go clear there out and I'll help, Alya," Nino nodded and dragged Adrien upstairs where the blonde had finally snapped out of his 'trance'. "Okay, what do you need help with?" The bluenette asked. "The kitchen, please. The living room and had already been packed when we came, the boys will have to deal with the remaining stuff in there, it's way too heavy!" Marinette nodded and the two teens got to work.

Meanwhile with the boys....
"Hey dude?" Nino asked as he folded a few bed sheets and pillow cases. "Hmm?" Adrien placed some clothes in a box along with a few shoes. "How'd Marinette find out your identity?" Nino placed the sheets and cases into a separate boxes. "Oh... um... it's kinda embarrassing? She made it sound as though it was so obvious..." Adrien nervously chuckled. "Oh... so she figured it out, just like that?" Adrien nodded as he placed his baton in the box with clothes. "You didn't tell her, give her a clue, nothing?" Adrien questionly stared at Nino. "No, why?" Nino sighed as he explained what Marinette and him spoke about. "Oh... similar to how she figured me out. Don't worry, at least she didn't make it sound as obvious as me!" the two boys laughed. 

Time passed and the teens had finished packing for the day. "Now what?" Alya placed a box in the truck. "They'll carry the items by me, where we'll decide what to give away, throw away or keep. Alya shook her head as awknowledement of what was said. "Well, that's the last one!" Nino said. "What about the furniture?" Adrien pointed at all the furniture, boxes and appliances left inside the building. "Leave them, anything big or electrical will be left there," the blunette answered as she gave a slight smile towards her friends. Marinette paid the driver and the four teens proceeded to carry the items inside of the small apartment. "Catch you later, bestie! I'm glad we got to hang out a bit." Alya hugged Marinette as she rushed out of the building with Nino. "Bye dude! Bye dudette!" Nino managed to say before being dragged out of the building. Marinette giggled as she begun sorting Adrien's stuff out. "Purrincess..... We should go to bed..." Adrien wrapped his hands around Marinette's waist as he nuzzled his face into her delicate neck. "H-hey! I told you that tickles!" Marinette playfully pushed Adrien off her and continued sorting the boxes out. "Aww... you wound me with your cruelty!" Adrien dramatically placed a hand over his heart and the other to his forehead. "Whatever. Now, stop being so playful and help your 'princess' out". Adrien laughed as he sat down and assisted the blunette. A few hour passed and almost everything was unpacked. "Why are we throwing away so many things?" Marinette sighed. "I don't want you to take any chances, we are disposing of anything that they gave to you!" Adrien pouted. "B-but-" Marinette glared. "But nothing, I'll buy you some new clothes and whatever else you need." Adrien's eyes glimmered, that means he'll get to go shopping, with his princess, just the two of them. "Y-you know what! Let's just throw everything away! As you said we shouldn't take any risks!" Marinette was confused as to his sudden change of opinion but she didn't mind. Afterall, if they throw everything they gave to him  away, the chances of him being tracked would be lowered. "So um... where are we throwing it away?" Adrien smirked, leave it up to me, Purrincess!" She smiled and nodded. "What's this?" Marinette raised a golden watch up. It was liven in silver and obviously hand-made. A symbol was embedded on the cover and it could be flipped open to see the time. "Oh, fath- I mean Hawkmoth said when he took me in I had it. I never threw it away because I thought it might help me find my parents, but now that I'm starting over, I think I'm ready to throw it away!" Marinette rubbed her hand over the symbol. She felt as though she saw the symbol before... somewhere... "So you want to be re-united with your parents?" Adrien scoffed, he didn't want anything to do with the 'people who abandoned him as a baby! "Of course not!" Marinette raised an eyebrow in confusion. "Then why did you..." Adrien rolled his eyes as he explained, "I want to rip their throats, I want them to go through pain and suffering! I want revenge! I just.... no matter what I just can't find them... It's as though they don't even exist!" Marinette reassurily smiled as she hugged her boyfriend. "Heey, look at the bright side, we probably wouldn't have been together if what happened then didn't happen! You probably would've had a different personality, who knows!" Adrien sighed hugging the girl back. "Yeah...you're right!" Marinette slipped the watch into the pocket and continued to help Adrien pack everything. "I'll deal with the suit," Marinette said as she poked it into her backpack along with his baton. "What about these?" Adrien asked pointing to exact replacas of the suit. "You can deal with those the same way you'll deal with everything else. Adrien nodded. A few more hours passed and it was almost midnight. "Finally, we're done!" Marinette sighed exhaustedly. "You were really quiet, how co-" Marinette stopped speaking as she stared at the sleeping boy on the floor. "Oh kitty..." She placed a blanket over him and lay beside him, and soon fell asleep. 

Thanks for making it this far in the book, stay safe!