02; 𝐹𝑖𝑟𝑠𝑡 𝑅𝑒𝑎𝑠𝑜𝑛 (Part 1)

It was a sunny tuesday, not too long ago when y/n saved Yeonjun from his near death for planning to kill himself by jumping over an 8th floor building. As her promise, she will give him reasons not to die. Tho she can't promise that those reasons are enough for him to continue living.

Walking alongside with Yeonjun, she diverted her eyes up to him and asked, "What's your name again?" it's been an hour since they met, but she still doesn't know what his name is.

"Yeonjun" he answered simply, focusing his eyes on the road.

"What's your favorite food?" She asked another question, that made him finally shift his eyes on her.

"Why are you asking?" But instead of answering, she just shrugged.

Yeonjun's eyes became as blank as before, looking away, finally answering what her question is, "Kimchi"

an idea came in between y/n's thought, as she excitedly stopped him from further walking by holding both of his shoulders that made his eyes widened in shocked at the sudden skin ship she made. y/n didn't even noticed how much Yeonjun's face completely turned red.

"I know the first reason not to die now!"

"What?"

"First reason is that you won't be able to eat kimchi in heaven! Hehe" she uttered while awkwardly letting out a small chuckle of embarrassment.

Yeonjun looked at him with a serious look that made her stopped from further laughing, "Are you kidding me? If those reasons you will tell me are probably nonsense reasons not to die, then maybe I'll continue killing myself---"

"No!!!!"  y/n quickly held his hands off guard, Yeonjun's body froze at the sudden sparked caused by her warm hands touching his.

Cold sweat released from his forehead, heart pounding wildly inside his chest. Uncontrollably losing his mind.

"I'll give you the first reason before the sunset!" she retorted quickly, flashing a smile at him that made him looked away because he felt a bit uncomfortable of first time having a girl closer to him and holding his hand unexpectedly.

Before y/n could notice him blushing, Yeonjun quickly pulled out his hand away from her and pushed her weakly but enough to move her away from him.

"You better... because I'll jump off that cliff if you don't" Yeonjun found a cliff end near the bridge, obviously he won't die a painful and bloody death there if he jump off of that, instead he will die from drowning and impact.

y/n heave a deep sigh of pressure, thinking hardly enough if she could ever find the first reason until sunset or else Yeonjun wouldn't think a second thought to jump off the bridge. And that doesn't sound good since just earlier she was able to save him from his near death.

Walking with her shoulders down, Yeonjun noticed she's tired of walking. Walking a 30 minutes walk from school isn't really a good thing for students like them, now, they regret not riding a bus.

Yeonjun stopped from walking at the exact middle side of the bridge, y/n being paranoid enough to think he was going to jump already, she quickly run towards him and yanked his hand that is now about to touch the railings, "Wait! Don't jump!"

Yeonjun was startled, blot of concern and worry can hear from her voice.

"I'm not jumping. Let's just rest here for a while" he said as y/n slowly loosened her tight grip from his hand when Yeonjun sat on the cemented ground, and freely bringing out his feet on the bridge, swinging it without fear on the unsupported platform.

y/n had a second thought, since it's already getting dark and they need to keep moving. But she can't just leave Yeonjun alone here. He will for sure jump if she did. So she sat beside Yeonjun, without springing out her feet not like what Yeonjun did, because she's afraid that she might fall.

"What's better for you? Sunrise or sunset?" a question Yeonjun threw after noticing y/n sad beside him.

"i don't know. Are they different tho? They looked the same" y/n cluelessly asked, while looking at the sun that is now almost setting down on the flat surface, reflecting through the water of  long river upon them.

sunset is indeed beautiful, The way the light distributes itself over the water, illuminating a path across it, the thinness of the clouds over the sun, everything is tinted red. It bathed the river's meek waves and the wispy clouds in a burning red.

Yeonjun heave a deep sigh of disappointment to what she asked, and just said, "For me, it's the sunset"

y/n looked at him and asked, "why?"

"Because look at it... the sun is just like me.... Sunset means the sun is resting to sleep, as the moon passes by to be an alternative. Overall, the sunset gives the saddest vibes, as it looks like it's bidding farewells as it sets down...."   significantly Yeonjun said, still staring at the beautiful scenery upon them.

y/n looked back to the sun again that is now almost setting down. Before welcoming the darkness and the first taste of the night, the sun gleamed brightly as y/n stares at it, enduring the sun rays penetrating her eyes, then she smiled.

"you're right. You're just like the sun...."

Yeonjun was shocked to hear her say that, but he didn't made it obvious. He averted his eyes down to her, seeing her smiling while looking at the sunset.

"But the sun isn't always setting down. There's always a sunrise for a new beginning. So be the sun who experience downfall, but will rise again tomorrow morning..."

............