22; 𝐸𝑙𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛𝑡ℎ 𝑅𝑒𝑎𝑠𝑜𝑛 (Part 1)

She took a deep breath, and let air fill up her lungs trying to shake the overwhelming feeling of nervousness brewing inside her

She took a deep breath, and let air fill up her lungs trying to shake the overwhelming feeling of nervousness brewing inside her. Her heart uncontrollably raced fast as she looked down on the dish that was served by Yeonjun's mom just for today's simple event.

She wasn't really sure if she will eat the food on her own way or be as much as girly like to please his mother. But all she can ever think now is that the smell of the food that was served in front of her is making her stomach growl in hunger.

"Don't you like the food?" Yeonjun asked weakly, turning his face towards y/n's side.

"W-what!? Of course not! I like it! I like it so much!" She said truthfully wanting to eat as much as she can or even filling her mouth with the food but not at least in front of Yeonjun's mother.

Yeonjun might have noticed it already, so he told her, "Just eat the way you eat in front of me. My mom is a messy eater too" he whispered pointing secretively to his mom who's now obviously preventing herself from further eating too much in front of a visitor.

y/n's eyes were amused, as she nodded determinedly finally having the courage to eat as much as she wants. Yeonjun saw how she ate the food and filled up her mouth in a mouth-full spoon of rice as if she haven't eaten for days. It made him chuckled at the sight of it.

"Mrs. Choi!! Thish ish soee godee!" she admirably said, talking while her mouth is full as a smile wanting to crept on her face is now visible.

Yeonjun and his mom stopped eating seeing how much she enjoys the simple food that was served in front of her, indeed she was very appreciative to everything and anything.

Seeing a smile on her face makes him blush uncontrollably and as if he wants to badly pinch those chubby cheeks that she have. And he was thankful that she wasn't looking over at him this time. Every single day, Yeonjun felt like she wasn't just giving him reasons to live. But she also gives him reasons to like her even more. The tenderness she always shows to the people she cares about always drew him back to the thinking of 'yes. I think I like her now'

.....

Yeonjun is washing the dishes while y/n was on the living room, waiting for him to finish. She insisted to wash the dishes at first since it will be rude for her if she only sits there without doing anything, however, Yeonjun already told her to calm herself down the sofa as his mother also insisted because she's still a visitor.

"So how long are you going to pretend?" Yeonjun almost dropped the glass plate he was holding as he heard his mom's serious voice beside him.

He looked to his left, as his eyes widened hearing the thing his mother just asked.

"W-what do you mean, mom?" He tried to play it cool, he even acted as if he was busy washing the dishes in order for his mom to somehow diverted her attention to the dishes instead of his face that is now obviously shocked and sweating in nervousness.

"C'mon Yeonjunnie. I know she wasn't really your girlfriend" his mom said as she carefully dropped the glass of water she was holding in the sink.

She diverted her eyes up to her son's face, that is now clearly shocked that she knew all along that it was all just an act.

"H-how did you know?"

"I know that my son won't just have a girlfriend in just an instant" she shrugged that made Yeonjun bit his lower lip in shame as he tightened his grip on the plate he was holding.

Couldn't meet his mom's eyes straight, he kept looking down shamefully. "But I can tell that you like her"

What his mom said is what made his eyes widened the most, it wasn't as if he was too obvious that he likes her. But maybe a mother's intinct is just too on point. She knows her son very well, more than anyone else in this world.

"Am I right?" His mom asked that made him gulped.

But without any hesitation, he nodded and answered. "Yes, mom. I like her..."

His mom's lips curved into a mischievous smile, hearing a cute confession from none other than her handsome shy son.

"I'll let you pass this time. But the next time you'll bring her here again, make sure she's really your girlfriend!" His mom uttered as she playfully hit Yeonjun's nape that made him laughed and nodded confidently.

He saw his mom walking upstairs to get something, as he found himself smiling after having the courage to completely expose himself and confess the thing that's been bugging him in front of his mom.

But his body froze, his mind stopped functioning when he heard a loud thud coming from a specific direction. He slowly turned his head to see whoever made that noise, and found his lips drying after seeing y/n failed to hide herself behind the wall.

"A-ahh hehe" she awkwardly smile and laughed as she scratched her nape nervously.

"Did you.... heard it all?"

.....