16; 𝐸𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡 𝑅𝑒𝑎𝑠𝑜𝑛 (Part 1)

"Choi Daniel, pleaded guilty" the supreme court judge state as he smashed the gavel, symbolizing that the case has been solved and the justice finally took over.

How come that knowing that they finally received the justice that they want felt still disappointing and state of despondency? Knowing that the suspect who made that crime finally will be given the miserable fate of rotting in jail isn't something to be happy for? Why does it feels like the suspect deserves more than just rotting in jail? Maybe twice the sufferings he caused his victim.

"y/n!!" y/n blinked her eyes once someone called her name from behind. Completely stopping her from further drowning into her own thoughts.

She looked to that direction she heard her name was being called by someone, and saw Yeonjun running towards her with a smile crept on his face making y/n's heart beats in an unusual pace, as the corner of her lips automatically curved into a smile.

"You're okay now?" he asked as he completely reached her, even taking y/n's bag to carry it by himself in a gentlemanly manner.

"Yes, besides, my nurse is the best" y/n jokingly said while moving her eyebrows up and down that made Yeonjun laughed.

Enough for a minute of laughter, they continued walking to the ever-long hallway with silence in between them. Yeonjun felt undeniably awkward at the situation they are now. It's something that he's not expecting to happen at all since he knew y/n as a jolly and talkative one.

y/n. y/n who have this pretty smiles, her sweet and cheery voice. Her laugh that can make anyone laugh without even hearing the joke itself. Her eyes that shines brightly as the stars that can hold the universe and galaxy. Her little whines and groans whenever something doesn't goes her way. Where did that y/n go now?

"Are you really okay, y/n?" Yeonjun asked, looking down at her with full of worried visible in his eyes. But this time, he asked the question not just about her fever last day. But about something more than that.

y/n diverted her eyes up to meet Yeonjun's eyes. Looking at him with an obvious confusion clearly be visible in her face once someone's facial features flashes in front of her, completely changing Yeonjun's face to someone else's face. His long thicked eyelashes turned into a long thin one. His sharp nose changed its' shape as his brown eyes turned black. His brown-black hair changed its color and changed it into a messy one. His pouty lips curved into a smirk which made y/n stopped walking and was completely shocked to what she's seeing.

Yeonjun stopped walking as well, as he was so confused on why y/n was looking at him like that. Fear is clearly visible on her face, as she took one step backward shivering in fear.

"y/n... what's wrong with you?" Yeonjun asked worriedly.

y/n forced her eyes shut when the sunlight rays peeked that blinded her for a moment and prevent her from further staring at Yeonjun's face. Startled at what she had been acting right now, Yeonjun held her hand but unexpectedly, y/n pushed it away enough for his eyes to widened the most.

She took a step backwards as she forced her eyes to open, adjusting to the brightness the sun caused her. And at that very moment, she realized what just happened.

"I-i'm sorry... y-you just look like someone I knew" y/n apologetically stated, looking down in embarrassment.

Yeonjun was still perplexed. However he doesn't want to show y/n the weird thing he just witnessed just minutes ago, so he smiled with assurance and said, "It's fine. We're gonna be late now, let's hurry"

He held y/n's hand as he pulled her along with him running as fast as they can for them not to be late for the first period. He smiled at the thought of y/n letting him hold her hand. Not like what happened earlier that she pushed it away in an unidentified reason.

While being dragged along with, y/n looked up at Yeonjun with the thought of what happened earlier that she saw someone that has this exact facial features of what Yeonjun has. Just exactly like him. With the same handsome features and vibes.

y/n squeezed Yeonjun's hand tightly and pulled him back making them both stopped from running. Yeonjun shifted his eyes down at her with confusion in his eyes, and asked her, "Something's wrong, y/n?"

She looked down and shook her head a no. But instead of directly spilling out the answer, she asked another question back in return before looking up at him again and meeting his eyes straight.

"Yeonjun... do you have a brother?"

......