- Chapter 2 -

TW// explosion, injuries, self-harm mention (end of chapter), implied starving
Grian's POV
About a week past. Neither Iskall, Mumbo or Scar had talked to him. He still went around, being his happy self. However on his daily adventures, he started noticing every single small detail.

Arrows in the tree where nobody had been. Random creeper holes. Random tunnels found underground. Items missing from chests.

All of it had to be connected to Sam.

See, nobody knew of Grian's past trauma. He didn't mind it. Everyone was this sad on the inside all the time, right? They all just wanted to hide it.

Sam had played a big role in Grian's past life.  He didn't want to dwell on it to much. Bad baaaaaad memories.

And signs of him being around? Not a good thing whatsoever.

"Grian? Griiiiian," Impulse's voice snapped him back into reality. He blinked quickly, looking at the other hermit.

"Huh?" Grian answered. What were they talking about? He had zoned out while worrying about Sam.

"We're going to visit Iskall," Doc hummed. Impulse nodded.

Iskall... Grian smiled awkwardly, frozen in place. He didn't find himself protesting though, he just walked along with the others.

They found Iskall in the shopping district, near the Nether portal. Instantly Grian's Watcher powers went off. He inhaled, seeing Iskall getting ready to enter the portal.

Grian was suddenly in the sky. He tackled Iskall away from the portal, preventing him from entering.

"ACK!" Iskall yelped as Grian practically threw him away from it.

The panicked blonde quickly jumped to his feet and ran over in front of the portal, throwing his arms up to his sides.

"You can't go in!" Grian shouted desperately. Iskall had stood up and was glaring at him. Doc and Impulse were watching from the ground, confused.

Iskall scoffed, "first you destroy my things and now you're blocking me from travel?"

"Get away!" Grian yelled aggressively, clearly surprising Iskall. He shot a glance back at the portal, panicking.

"You can't control me," Iskall said, trying to take a step toward the portal.

Everything happened in a flash.

Grian grabbed Iskall, shoving him off of the platform. He turned to the portal, raising his arms and shielding his face.

BOOM!

Grian was thrown back. He coughed, his chest feeling as if it were on fire. Burn marks and blood covered his arms and torso, stinging harshly.

All he could hear was ringing. He had about five seconds to register what had happened. The portal had exploded, he knew that. Were his friends safe?

"Grian!" He distantly heard three people shout.

He suddenly felt his body hit something. He let out a shout of pain. He had hit the stoney path, the explosion must have thrown him backwards.

His vision was foggy still as the smoke began to clear. Being half Watcher, his injuries weren't as severe as they should be. He hated his Watcher side, but.. it was useful sometimes.

"Grian! Grian, oh my god," Impulse said frantically, appearing at his side.

"Impulse?" Grian coughed, his eyes feeling as if they were burning. He felt someone grab his hand, panicked.

"Are you okay?" Iskall asked, also showing up by his side. Grian nodded slightly, wincing.

"We need to get out of this smoke," Doc coughed, waving his hand in the air.

Impulse and Iskall both nodded. Grian tried to sit up, but Impulse scooped him up in both arms shockingly and started running. He could hear him mutter something about Grian's weight, which made him want to shrink in on himself.

> - - >

Grian hadn't realized he had passed out until he woke up in his base. Impulse, Doc, and.. Xisuma. They were all by his side.

"Grian! You're awake!" Impulse let out a relieved breath, pulling him into a hug. He winced, startled by the sudden motion, but hugged back. "How're you feeling?"

"Bit dizzy," Grian admitted with a slight laugh. "I'm okay though. Thank you."

"That's good," Xisuma sighed, his voice soft. Grian glanced over at the admin. He knew that Watchers had done something to his brother. Something bad.

Doc pushed the two aside and pointed an accusing finger at Grian, who shrunk back under his suspicious yet serious stare.

"You tried to stop Iskall from going in," Doc growled. "You knew it was gonna blow. How exactly did you know?"

Grian suddenly felt his heart go cold. He hadn't thought about this, he had just.. jumped into action.

Impulse and Xisuma were now staring at Grian too with wide eyes. He looked at the three of them, trying to get a sentence out. But what was he supposed to say? 'Hey guys I'm actually a Watcher. No biggie!' didn't feel like the correct response here.

"You didn't set up the explosion, did you?" Impulse asked him, sounding a bit scared. It made Grian's chest constrict.

"No! No of course not!" Grian shook his head quickly, sitting up out of bed in a panic. He looked at the three of them desperately. "I just- I- I.."

Grian trailed off, not able to find the right words. He knew it'd been Sam. Sam had caused this.

"You did!" Doc cried, taking a step back. Grian looked at him helplessly, lost for words. He gave Grian one last glare and muttered, "you bastard.." before leaving the room.

Grian lowered his head, hugging himself.

"I- I gotta go," Impulse said moments after, disappearing after Doc, leaving Grian and Xisuma alone.

Xisuma was silent. Grian shifted in his spot, clutching his arm. He felt so guilty. Guilty for something he hadn't done. He would never blow up his friends!

Even though.. a lot of them hated him right now. But that was still never a reason for Grian to hurt any of them.

He looked up at Xisuma, who was looking away. What was the admin thinking right now? Why was he so.. quiet?

"Grian show me your arms," Xisuma said coldly.

Authors note//
Cliff hanger kind of wowow
Things will be getting interesting here real soon! ;)