- Chapter 8 -

TW// Manipulation, abuse, blood, gore, death, crying
Grian's POV
Grian fully snapped back into reality when he heard Sam's voice.

"Sorry it was much quicker than expected. Here's your payment," Sam was saying. Grian looked up slightly, seeing Dream and Sam standing face to face.

Dream nodded. "Thank you."

"Did he behave well?" Sam questioned with a side glance at Grian.

Dream shrugged in response. "He was good for the most part. Had a crying session, but he was good."

Sam smiled slightly, and nodded to Dream. "Thank you. We'll be going."

Sam began dragging Grian away again. The cart wasn't there this time, so Sam was just dragging Grian from the wire.

Grian kept looking up at Sam. He wondered if he was angry. Did he mess something up?

Sam had told him that the other hermits didn't care. They had never cared. He didn't know why he trusted Sam. But they had been friends for years before this, hadn't they?

He's doing something terrible to you, one part of him whispered.

No no, you're helping him and others, the other part of him shouted. You're beneficial! Plus, you deserve it anyway.

They reached their original room. Grian was thrown back onto the ground in his spot.

"So, you behaved well?" Sam began, attaching the wire/leash back to its clip.

Grian nodded in response. He raised his hand, and Sam shrugged. That seemed like an 'okay' so Grian spoke.

"I- I behaved good, like you told me to," Grian explained. "I followed his orders and everything."

"Good boy, Wings," Sam patted him on the head. "You deserve a reward, Wings."

Grian perked up. "A reward..?"

Sam smiled sweetly. "Yes. A reward. Since I still do not trust you won't try and run, I'll just get you some food."

Grian let out a relieved breath he didn't know he'd been holding. He had completely forgotten about not being fed. Sam walked out of the room, assumably to get food.

His ankles and wrists hadn't been strapped down yet, so he just sat against the wall, his purple wings pressed against the cold material.

He couldn't help but wonder if he (Grian) were actually violent. Maybe not physically violent, considering he'd been restrained for the past..

How long had it been?

A door creaking open alerted Grian of Sam's arrival. His captor gave him an approving look and walked over, handing him a couple carrots.

"Eat up, Wings," Sam said kindly. "It's the last in our supply, and I have a hard time getting food."

Grian hesitated now.

"Wait- so you'll go hungry?" Grian wondered anxiously. Sam nodded, making Grian's heart sink.
He looked down at the carrots, then back up at his friend. "You have them. I'll be fine."

Sam smiled, retracting his hands. He stood back up, looking down at Grian with a frown.

"You know what?" Sam hissed, making Grian shrink back. "You don't deserve them. You hurt me. You hurt me when you left me."

Sam suddenly slapped him upside the face. Grian stiffened, eyes wide. He smacked Grian again, then pushed him down onto the ground onto his stomach.

Grian winced as he felt Sam placed one knee on the back of his neck. He grabbed one of Grian's wings, and that's when he realized what was happening.

"You're nothing, alright Wings?" Sam growled. Grian bit down on his tongue as he felt a stabbing pain in his wing bone. He felt tears slide down his bruised face, and he let out a choked sob.
"You broke me. You put me in pain. It's all your fault."

The words cut into Grian's heart like a sword. He was having a difficult time breathing, and the pain of his wings being severed from his body for the twenty-eighth time.

"Well guess what, Wings?" Sam hissed in his ear. "Your hermit friends? They hate you. I've been up there myself, I've seen it. They're glad you're gone. You deserve nothing."

Suddenly Grian felt his neck snap, and everything went pitch black.

-
-

Grian woke up with a gasp. He looked around frantically, and just.. started crying. This was all so much. Sam's hurtful words. The wires, the dying... It was painful to relive over and over.

"Hey Wings," Sam said from the doorway, making Grian look up. He walked over and sat beside him. He looked.. worried. "You okay? You've been out for about an hour."

Grian sniffled, wiping his eyes. He nodded slightly, still trembling.

"You can't trigger me like that, Wings," Sam ran his hand through Grian's hair, his voice sympathetic. "You're better than that."

"I'm- I'm sorry," Grian whimpered, bringing his knees up to his chest.

"It's okay, Wings," Sam hugged him. Grian felt himself tear up once again, his shoulders shaking.

Grian hugged him back, guilty for what he'd done.

Authors note//
Hope yall enjoyed! :D