- Chapter 6 -

TW// violence, abuse, inhumane treatment, leash
Grian's POV
About two weeks later...

Grian woke up to Sam tugging at his wings. He looked at his abuser uncertainly as he freed his wrists for the first time since he'd been here. He was able to move his arms around.

"What..?" Grian questioned hesitantly.

Sam smacked him lightly on the head. "Hush up, wings. Your stupid friends nearly wandered in here. Also, you've been borrowed by a kind fellow."

Grian nodded slightly, scared to talk. His ankles were free and he was forced to his feet. He nearly collapsed on the spot, but Sam helped him stay up.

Sam unattached the wire that was still stuck to the wall and tied it around his wrist, as if it were a leash. Grian stared at him, disgusted.

He raised his hand to the best of his ability. His shoulders burned at the use of his arms. The constant cycle of his wings being cut off and then being smacked in the back of the head.

"What?" Sam looked at him, eyes narrowed.

"Can I ask.. what are my wings used f-for..?" Grian asked quietly. Sam smiled, making Grian shiver.

"Walk and talk, wings," Sam said. Grian tried to take a step forward but to his alarm, fell over. Sam frowned, and sighed.

He walked over to the corner of the room and started wheeling over what looked like a small cart like thing. He gave Grian and expecting look.

Grian scooted himself onto the cart, nervous.

"Good boy," Sam nodded, smiling. Grian felt a small rush of gratitude. Sam walked back over and grabbed something. It looked to be a syringe.

Grian small smile dropped when he realized what was about to happen.

"Wait- wait please, I won't run away-" Grian pleaded. Sam grabbed Grian's arm, making his muscles scream in protest, and stabbed the syringe into his upper arm.

He dropped Grian, leaving him to lay on the cart. Grian slowly began losing feeling in his limbs, making him start to panic.

"Sam.." Grian managed to murmur out.

"If you behave good for Dream, you'll be trusted more, okay wings?" Sam said soothingly, running one hand through Grian's hair.

He refused to close his eyes.

"Anyway, your wings are used to make things like elytra, or for decoration," Sam rambled on as he began wheeling Grian out of.. wherever they were. "The feathers are also used for decoration. They're really pretty. Pillows, paintings, you can imagine. I mostly see them used for these cool flower crowns. I have a few myself, they're wonderful."

Flower crowns are pretty, Grian thought in his drowsy state. Well, if they aren't including my feathers in the crown, that is.

The time passed by in a blur. At one point, Grian felt a cold shock pass over his body, and the surroundings all changed.

And then he heard voices.

"Sam?"

"Hello, Dream," Sam responded to the new person.

"Is that him?"

"Yeah. When he dies and respawns, his wings come back as well."

"...I don't wanna know. How long'll I keep him for?"

"I'd say around a week or so. He'll be hidden, correct?"

"Mhm. He's really violent, be careful."

"Ohh- okay."

I'm violent, Grian realized, his heart sinking. I am violent.

???'s POV
Samthegladiator joined the game.
<MumboJumbo> wait when did you leave?
<Docm77> Did the game glitch?
<Samthegladiator> Probably
<FalseSymmetry> Welcome back!

Mumbo felt his suspicions about Sam skyrocket. Grian had been missing for about two weeks now, the main investigators of his disappearance being Xisuma, Mumbo, Iskall and Sam.

Apparently Sam had known Grian a long time ago. They'd been separated a long time ago by Watchers apparently, and had just now met back up.

The thought of Watchers terrified him. They were supernatural entities, being very powerful. They were supposed to guide players, but something happened, many seasons back, and now the whole of Hermitcraft feared them.

Mumbo sighed softly, leaning against the wall. He was extremely worried for Grian. He missed his friends cheerful attitude, his silly pranks, the Poultry m- no. That was the man in the chicken costume.

He just hoped he'd see his friend soon.

The siloheute in the shadows looked at the mustached redstoner. It knew where his friend was. It just needed to somehow give a sign.. they need to stop worrying about Sam.

Perhaps paying a visit to the lead of the search would help.

Authors note//
And thats the end of this chapter!
I'm probably going to timeskip multiple times for plot purposes since im not good at filler😩

Anyway, have a great day (or night) readers!! <3

It's nearly midnight and im figting back sleeping meds while bing watching TheFamousFilms SCP series again so ☝️woohoo. anywya goodnigth LMAO