- Chapter 5 -

Mumbo's POV
<Grian bled to death.>
<Xisumavoid> what
<Goodtimeswithscar> HUH?
<FalseSymmetry> Grian are you okay?
<Docm77> Oh no

Mumbo's felt his heart drop as he looked at that. He quickly dropped his building materials and took out his firerockets, blasting off into the sky.

He knew he should have been suspicious when he heard screaming last night. He has gone out to check and found nothing.

Perhaps Grian was just back at his base?

He tried to remain calm as he flew toward his friends home. Although Mumbo was definitely panicking on the inside. That death message was usually only showed when a permadeath occured, according to Xisuma.

After another few anxiety crushing moments he finally reached Grian's base. Mumbo ran inside, looking around frantically.

"Grian?" He called uncertainly, his worry growing with each passing second.
He shot a quick glance at the chat.

<Xisumavoid> Anyone whos seen him in the past week or so, meet me in the shopping district
<FalseSymmetry> I've been meaning to ask, what happened to the portal?
<Iskall85> it blew up
<MumboJumbo> i'll be there

> - - >

Mumbo saw the small group of people and decided that's where he should be. He hurried over to them, awkwardly landing with his elytra.
"I just checked Grian's bases and he's not there," he said worriedly.

"He wouldn't have ran away," Xisuma said thoughtfully. "If he died he would've made reached back out to us. He hasn't permadied, I can see that."

"Well at least he isn't dead," Iskall sighed in relief. Impulse and Scar nodded.

"He hasn't left the server either," Xisuma continued. "So he is still here. We just need to find him.

"Wait!" Mumbo spoke up, an idea striking his mind. "X, can't you track our communicators?" He held his up with one hand.

Xisuma nodded, seeming to understand what he was getting at.

"Track Grian's," Mumbo finished, smiling triumphantly.

X nodded once again. "On it," he said, pulling out what looked like a communicator, but slightly bigger.

The group looked at the admin expectantly, waiting for him to speak up once again. Mumbo was restless in his spot, desperate for an answer, ANY answer. He needed to know if Grian was okay.

After a few dreadful moments of anticipation and Xisuma clicking around on his tablet thingy, he finally made a small 'aha!' sound.

"I got the coords," X announced. "Let's go. Follow me."

> - - >

Mumbo landed behind Xisuma, along with Iskall, Doc, Impulse, and Scar. According to X, they were extremely close to the coordinates he'd pinpointed.

After a few moments of walking they heard soft humming. They all exchanged uncertain glances before Iskall pulled out his sword, taking lead.

The remaining group members ducked into hiding as Iskall went out and confronted the stranger. Mumbo immediately noticed bunny ears.

"Hey, you," Iskall said. The person turned, holding what could only be Grian's communicator in one hand.

"Hello," they nodded to Iskall. The hermit gripped his sword tighter, advancing on the stranger. They held up Grian's communicator. "Do you know what this is? I found it on the ground."

Mumbo clenched his fist. Distant flashbacks of the screaming outside his mega base the night before, and now this guy shows up with Grian's communicator.

This can't be a councidence, Mumbo thought, his shoulders tensing. I need to tell X what I heard.

"Who are you? How did you get here? The admin would've told us about you if you were a new hermit," Iskall questioned carefully.

The bunny guy chuckled, "oh well then. I'm Sam, and I've been simply hiding here since the beginning of your guy's server."

Iskall glanced back at the group and tilted his head a bit, signalling for them to come out of hiding. Mumbo hesitated at first, but emerged from the trees.

Sam looked around at them, interest sparked in his eyes.

"My name is Xisumavoid, admin of Hermitcraft," Xisuma said, taking lead. Sam nodded slightly. "How did you get in?"

"I somehow got mixed up and thrown through the wrong portal," Sam explained kindly. His expression fell. "You're not going to kick me out, are you? I have nowhere else to go, I'd be stuck in Main Hub."

Xisuma glanced back at Mumbo and Impulse. Mumbo simply shrugged, not knowing how to react. Sam gave him generally bad vibes, but they couldn't just.. kick him out, right?

"Er- okay," Xisuma sighed, turning back to Sam. "You can stay. Just give that thing to me." He signalled to the communicator Sam held and put out his hand. Sam gave Xisuma a doubtful look but nodded, placing the device in X's hand.

X nodded a quick thank you and turned away from Sam. He began to walk away, raising one hand. "I'll go. I need to get Sam his own communicator. Mumbo and Iskall, come with me."

Once they were away from everybody, Mumbo decided to speak up. "Are you sure about this?"

"What choice do I have?" Xisuma shrugged. "Plus, new hermit. More help to find Grian. He may know something about his disappearance."

"Speaking of Grian," Mumbo continued. "Last night, I heard screaming outside. Grian had just left about ten minutes before. I went outside to try and find him but.. nothing was there."

"Well that's suspicious," Iskall commented. "Especially right after Sam appears."

"Just keep a watch out," Xisuma said, walking ahead and taking off with his elytra. Mumbo and Iskall watched the admin go. He wondered what was happening to Grian now.

AUTHORS NOTE//
We may have quite a few timeskips >_>  sorry abt that LMAOAOA

Anyway sorry for like filler n shit ig. Also Sam migjt be a bit out of character,, sorry, i never watched Yandere High School 💀 I dont have the patience LMAODJWUDJ