- Chapter 15 - [THE END]

TW// injuries, hospital
Mumbo's POV
Mumbo stared at the collapsed cave, horrified. Impulse was leaning False's unconscious body against the stem of an overgrown mushroom.

"Mumbo!" Somebody shouted from behind him.

He whipped around and looked up, seeing Iskall, Xisuma, Stress, Joe and Scar approaching via elytra.

"Grian was still in there! We have to get him out!" Mumbo exclaimed, snapping out of his shock and pulling out his pickaxe.

"Scar, Joe, go help False and Impulse," Xisuma instructed, signalling to the unconscious and panicking hermits by the large mushroom.

The two nodded, hurrying over to the pair.

Mumbo lost interest, mining away at the collapsed cave. Iskall and Xisuma came to join him, and soon they had tunneled into what had originally been Sam's base.

Sam, Mumbo remembered, pausing in his tracks. The rabbit hybrid was dead. He had watched Grian stab him through the chest, his purple eyes wide in absolute astonishment and terror.

Mumbo was the first to dig into the basement. Actually, torture chamber was a more accurate description. It seemed like the walls and half of the ceiling had caved in.

He glanced over to the corner where Sam had collapsed and saw a huge splatter of blood and half of Sam's body laying out from beneath a rock pile. He wanted to believe it was only Sam, but purple feathers and another set of arms poking out from farther under it convinced him otherwise.

"GRIAN!" Mumbo shouted, running over to the rock. He held one of Grian's hands, desperate for an answer. No response.

Xisuma and Iskall found their way into the basement through his tunnel and hurried over as well.

"We have to get them out!" Iskall exclaimed. Mumbo stood back up and nodded.

He saw Xisuma staring at Sam's body with wide, shocked eyes. Mumbo realized Iskall must have not explained anything.

"Wha-" Xisuma tried to say.

"Basically Sam was actually the one who kidnapped Grian," Iskall interrupted the admin. X gave him a sharp, alarmed look. "Also Grian's a Watcher but he was kinda forced into it so don't ban him. Oh and then he stabbed Sam and the cave collapsed and here we are."

"Grian's a WH-"

"Stop talking and help me get him out!" Mumbo snapped at the two of them, which was really out of character for him but he was worried sick about his friend and didn't want to stall.

They both fell silent, nodding.

"I'll drag him out, you lift," Mumbo instructed, crouching down and putting his hands around Grian's wrists, ready to pull the unconscious hermit out of the wreckage.

On three, the other two hermits lifted the rocks with all their might. When Iskall was nearly smacked in the face by one, they resorted to kicking down the bigger ones until it was just the giant stone that was taking up most of the space.

Mumbo saw the huge rock shift, and then move. He waited until there was a little gap before with a large amount of effort, pulling Grian out of the wreckage.

Iskall and X dropped it as soon as the Watcher was free. Mumbo winced as he examined Grian's injuries.

His wings were bent and pushed in at an uncomfortable, painful looking position. The visible skin on his bandaged arms was terribly bruised. One arm was sticking out at an unnatural angle, making Mumbo feel sick.
His legs, also, looked extremely crushed. If he woke up, he probably wouldn't be walking for a little while.