- Chapter 3 -

TW// Self-harm, forceful venting, child abuse, kidnapping, needles

Grian's POV
"Haha- what?" Grian stared at the admin, shocked. He instinctively lowered his bandaged arms.

"Show. Me. Your. Arms," Xisuma repeated, more slow this time.

Grian laughed nervously and shook his head no. There was absolutely no way he would willingly show Xisuma his scar littered arms.

"Grian," Xisuma warned. The stubborn hermit shook his head, looking away.

Xisuma groaned, and suddenly Grian felt his arm be pulled up by his wrist. He yelped, frantically trying to pull away. X forcefully rolled up Grian's somewhat burnt sleeve, taking off the bandages as well (but more carefully).

Grian was pleading for him to let go. Xisuma stared at his arm for a moment before looking back up at Grian.

"Why?" Was all he asked, not letting go of his arm. Grian felt his words get stuck in his throat.

Why am I so afraid? Grian wondered, forcing his shoulders to relax. Everyone's done it. It can be like.. a bonding exercise or something.

"Because I don't know how else to.. to get rid of the memories," Grian let out a shaky breath, his small figure beginning to tremble. "My.. uh... Parents. You know? You get rid of the memories too right?"

Xisuma looked less concerned and more confused. "......what?" Was all he responded with.

"Y'know," Grian felt his small smile fading. "The beatings, fear of failing... Getting locked outside.. all that? Everyone's been through that."

"Grian.. Grian that's child abuse," Xisuma said slowly, putting his one free hand on Grian's shoulder. "Not everyone has experienced that, Grian. Nobody else on the server, at least."

Grian stared at him, the news hitting him like a tree. He looked down at his feet, tears threatening to escape his eyes.

"I- ..oh," was all he could say before entirely bursting into tears. He felt arms wrap around him, but he didn't protest. He liked the hug, to be honest.

After a little while of crying, at least seven minutes or so, Xisuma finally pulled away.

"You gonna be okay?" He asked. "I got a server to run. Codes to watch, y'know."

Grian nodded quickly, rubbing his eyes. "Right! Right.. mmh, sorry. Yeah, I'll be okay. T-thank you."

Xisuma nodded before disappearing out the door into the night.

Grian realized as the admin left he had never warned him about Sam.

> - Two days later - >

Grian had just made up with Mumbo.

He let out a heavily relieved sigh once he was outside of his friends base. He and Mumbo were friends again. He wasn't angry anymore... At least, Grian hoped he wasn't.

He flew back to his base, feeling just a bit better. He was slowly making up with all the hermits, starting with Mumbo. He didn't know what sort of terms he was on with Iskall right now... It was extremely confusing.

No matter, though. He was good at fixing problems.

While returning to his base he realized that he had forgotten a very important shulker box at Mumbo's.

He turned around, preparing to go back, when suddenly he was tackled out of the air.

Grian let out a startled yelp as he was knocked out of the sky. The attacker was trying to grab him, and they were holding something sharp in one hand.

Using his natural reflexes, Grian kicked at their stomach and lower area. He managed to free himself and set off multiple firerockets in front of his attacker, taking off towards Mumbo's base at full speed.

He stumbled as he landed, out of breath and shaking. "MUMBO!" He screamed, trying to run inside.

Somebody's arm wrapped around his neck, holding him in place. Grian struggled to get away, frantic, trying to bite their arm. But he felt something sharp be stabbed into his neck.

"MUMBO!! MUMBO HEL-" Grian's voice was cut off as they put a hand over his mouth. Grian started feeling tears coming down.

He felt himself getting more and more tired by the minutes. Suddenly he was dropped on the floor, his hands tied with some kind of rope, and he was being dragged across the ground.

"Mumbo.." Grian slurred out, feeling one last tear escape his eye before he blacked out.

Authors note//
OOH! DRAMA TIME👀
Sorry for the somewhat short chapter LdbfhfhwbdNDBDBX

I bet a majority of you already know who it is but ok LMAOJEHDHD

Anyway have a nice day, or night, friends! :)