2

H's POV:

"I miss her, Gem. Does she ever think about me?", I ask eyes filled with tears of desperation, while she was sat on the living room couch with my head on her lap. She caresses my hair softly making me miss mom so bad.

"You know, bro. She loves you and definitely misses you. She probably needs some time to come around, you know", she says making me sit straight up to look at her.

"Don't you think three years was enough? Have I done such an unforgivable sin, Gem? How would you feel if she doesn't talk to you?", I asked a bit pissed.

"I understand, Haz. But do you think not giving her a clear explanation about everything happened was good? You know she adored him. He was like a second son to her. Even more than Matt. Zayn was mom's favourite of us all and you know that", she said making me wince hearing his name. I wouldn't lie, his name makes my heart beat louder and faster. His thought sends shivers down my body even to this day and it wasn't a good thing.

"So, what can I do? He could have also said the reason before escaping to wherever he is", I tried to defend myself.

"How would that be fair? You didn't tell us about your wedding in the first place. Then, we literally welcomed you both in our family and one fine day you tell us that you got divorce and he left London. When we ask for a reason, you don't have any. What would you do if I did something like that to you? Tell me, was it right?", She reprimanded but it felt right in every sense but I wasn't gonna accept it.

"I hate you", I pouted, hugging her while she placed a fond kiss on my cheek, telling me that it was gonna be alright.

______________________________________

"We need to bring this truth out in the open soon", the person whispered on the phone.

"But that wouldn't be an easy task. I've been trying and looking out for ways but no one is getting it", the other one spoke with an annoyance.

"No. This should be brought out and we need to find a way. Everyone needs to know this little secret", they smirked while the one on the other side just hummed in response. 
_______________________________________

"Good morning, Jeffrey. Arrange a meeting with the department heads in the next ten minutes", I ordered through the phone.

"I'll be on it right away, sir", he replied, as I hung up the phone.

There was a knock on the door exactly ten minutes later and I stood up, buttoning my coat, walking towards the door to open it and made my way to the conference room briskly and confidentially as Jeffrey accompanied me.

"Good morning, everyone. Is anyone still sleepy on this fine morning? If yes, I'll give you two minutes to get out. I don't entertain tardiness in my office and you all are pretty much aware of it", I spoke with a commanding tone while making my way to my seat. After seating comfortably, they greeted me as I noticed some scared faces and some worried ones. I was pretty proud that I have them all in my fist.

"Good. Now, as you all may know we've our retail branch opening in a month, I need each and every one of you to take projects and ideas for the grand launch and select three best workers from your respective departments and ask them to come up with their best work in setting up everything. One department will be chosen as the winner and everyone would get a paid holiday to Bali. That wouldn't be an offer to miss, yeah?", I explained as I watched everyone's shocked faces.

"What should we do, Sir?", Kenny questioned bringing my attention towards her.

"I don't know. That's the reason I've called you all here today. Gimme your best ideas", I said as they all sat back thinking about it.