18

Z's POV :

"Sorry I was held up in the traffic", I heard the blonde baboon's voice, as anger shot up through my veins. I looked up at Harry who looked like a deer caught up in the headlights but I know there was no one else who would invite her other than him. He initially invited me to introduce her formally? He had a date with her and yet asked me to come? What the fuxk does he want to show? He wants me to know that he's still happy in his life while I move around like an emotionless, lifeless body. If he was so into her, why does he stalk me every night? He's confusing me as always amd I felt my cheeks heat up in anger. I clenched my fist trying so bad to control myself.

"Zayn? Are you fine, bro? You want water or some drink?", Gemma's voice brought me to reality as I calmed myself before giving her a light smile.

"No. I'm fine. I just spaced out", I tried convincing while she gave me a sympathetic smile.

"It's fine. It happens at times. I'm truly very happy to see you after what three years?", She said with happiness clouding her face.

"Yes. Seems like an eternity though. How's life treating you? Oh yeah, how's your husband?", I asked remembering the time when I attended her wedding.

"He's just amazing. He's got me. What more does he want?", She joked as I chuckled knowing the Styles are all the same. "He just keeps travelling around because of his job. It's hectic I know. But we've gotten used to it", she says with a fond smile that showed how much she loved him.

"You look so in love", I trailed with a smile teasing her, while my eyes fell upon Harry laughing his heart out at something and that blonde barbie held his bicep, while laughing too. "I just wish everyone gets a love story like yours. You know, genuine but crazy in a good way", I sighed,my eyes still locked up on the two. I averted my eyes to see Gemma watching me intently. I avoided her eyes, afraid that she'll find that something was bothering me.

"Mom will love to meet you, Zayn. She's been talking about you and asking me if I had spoken to you", she said when my smile was back on my face. Anne was literally my mother back then. Though my marriage was fake and contractual, I had a great bonding with Gemma and Anne. I felt so comfortable and welcomed with Anne, like it'd have been with my own mother. I miss her and I couldn't talk to her or even Gemma again since I felt guilty as though I cheated on their real affection. I felt bad but I couldn't face them again. "She was happy that you stay in LA too", she said making me curious.

"What do you mean by LA too? She's here in LA ?", I asked surprised when she just nodded.

"Yes", she cleared her throat like she was taking time to think something. "She... She's ummm here for some time now", she stuttered making me confused.

"Oh great. I'll love to meet her once. Though, I'm not sure if she'll even talk to me", I said, looking down at the floor suddenly guilt washes over me.

"Don't worry. She'll understand your situation. I'll... Umm.. see when she'll be Uhhh... Ummm... Free", she stuttered again but I let it slide because my eyes fell upon the woman who was laughing loudly again at something Louis had said but her hands were moving around his arms, while the green eyed idiot stood oblivious to her actions. Oblivious or comfortable? He definitely felt her touch, right? Then why wasn't he moving away? Why is she standing so close to him? What joke did Louis make for them to laugh so hard? And why was he not excusing himself from them if he really didn't like her there? I didn't know I was fuming with anger, breathing heavily until Gemma distracted me again.

"Ummm.. I'm sorry. I think I need some fresh air. I'll be back. Don't worry", I smiled a bit to sound convincing before turning on my heel and walking away without looking back.