19

"Have something to discuss with you. Meet me in ten at Hardy's"

Gemma stared at the message she received, not understanding the need to meet now. She knows their plan was to make Zayn and Harry blurt out the truth before everyone but she wasn't sure of it anymore. She felt like Zayn and Harry genuinely like each other and probably this time they'd end up together. It was the best for the two of them and also would be the best one.

To be honest, Gemma had known the many times Harry broke down when he was alone at home. She would receive calls by Harry's housekeeper, informing about how he went on a whole month without having proper food. Though, in a way, she felt it was Harry's own mistake that he let Zayn go, she couldn't help but feel sad for the way he was hurting. She understood the change in his behaviour and attitude from a tolerable Boss to a bitxhy and arrogant one, who didn't give two fuxks about anyone. She saw how he used anger as his tool to get away from the pain. Even after the kids were born, he was struggling. Neither her or their mother was happy with the method he used to bring in the babies, but in some way, she understood Harry's plight and desperation.

She sighed as she replied with a small okay, before wondering what was so important to be discussed only in person. She walked down the street, feeling the chilly breeze sending shivers down her body as her palms were tucked in the front pockets of her coat. She entered the small and warm diner, immediately thanking for the tolerable temperature; searching for someone in particular. She walked in before standing next to the table where sat the all too familiar face.

"What was so important to talk about in person?", she questioned taking a seat on the other side of the table, with an annoyance; though she was just curious about the topic. She took a sip of the already ordered iced lemon tea before looking up to talk.

"When were you going to tell me about my niece and nephew?", Wali questioned, catching Gemma off guard. "You thought I'd never find out?", she asked looking a bit pissed.

"I don't know what you are talking about", Gemma tried but it wasn't convincing.

"Gem, please. I know about them. Now tell me why didn't you feel it was necessary to tell me", she asked again, Gemma just rolled her eyes.

"It wasn't my story to tell, Wali. I don't know how you even got a whiff about it", she said as Waliyah chuckled humourless.

"C'mon, Gemma. We were talking about my brother's married life and it's drama; thinking and planning of ways to making them reveal the truth. That wasn't our story to discuss too. This is about my own brother's kids we're talking about", she asked as Gemma had no reply to her questions.

"But what should I have said? There's just so many things that happened, Wali. I don't think it's my place to let it out. How did you even know about them?", she proded wondering how she even got the news.

"That's not something you should worry about. Our concern now should be on how would Zayn react when he gets to know about this. I know him and I aren't on the best terms at the moment but this is his right. He has every right to know about this", Wali demanded.

"I can't do anything about it. It's Harry's decision, Wali. You should know by now that he doesn't follow anyone's instructions, he writes his own manual. Even Zayn is the same. I'm just scared of the impending earthquake that'd strike when Zayn would know what Haz did. Such a stupidity", Gemma shuddered visibly, thinking about the aftermath.

"How are they even Zayn's kids? That's my greatest question. We know Haz couldn't get pregnant obviously. So, what's the part we're missing here?", Wali insisted as Gemma just shook her head.

"I can't say it. But let me tell you what he did was too risky because it was practically illegal. I'm surprised he got out of it without a scratch. Harry does things without thinking about its after effects. He was stupid and desperately in love back then but he also let go of Zayn because he was scared. He was scared that Zayn would hate more. They both are stubborn idiohs", she mumbled stirring the drink before her.