10

The chilly breeze and cold weather hit him at regular intervals making him shiver to his bones. Zayn decided to take a walk to the diner, which was hardly at a twenty minutes distance. He felt himself trembling and shaking which was more due to his nerves rather than the weather. This was the coldest time in LA, but it's much warmer than the UK or other parts of the country itself. He had changed the plans of meeting in a high end restaurant with classy clothing to a little, cosy and warm diner since he thought that would be a bit more intimate for catching up than the upscale restaurants where you can't speak a bit louder and are expected to maintain certain mannerisms. He was never a fan of the luxurious lifestyle before nor will he be now. There was a time when he wanted the money but it was mainly to secure a future for his sisters. He was surprised when Kendall agreed for the diner instead of a five star restaurant. That woman amuses him in ways he can't explain. He felt more comfortable with her like he would if he had a twin.

Talking about the looks, he had gone with a simple black and orange bomber hoodie, a black track pants, pairing it with a black and white vans. As he was lost in thoughts, he didn't even realise until he bumped into a hard brick wall, which apparently seemed a bit soft too. He raised his head to be met with beautiful bluish grey eyes and a wide smiling face. The guy is pretty taller than his own five ten stature.

"Hey, sorry man! I wasn't watching where I was going", the Hazel eyed man apologized making the fairly young man blush and stutter.

"N-no, i-it's fine", he said making Zayn look at him with surprise. "S-sorry. I-I am not good w-with words", he spoke again with a reddish tinge on his face.

"No problem. I'm Zayn", he introduced himself making the guy look at him with more shocked face and mouth agape. "Is there any problem?", he asked not understanding the guy's reaction.

"You-you are Zayn?", he questioned making him nod in reply. "Oh God. G-gotta t-thank my lucky stars", he said with a huge, blinding smile and excitement.

"Sorry, what?", Zayn questioned still with a doubt clouded face.

"Oohh sorry. I-I am your huge fan. I've collected all the magazine with you on the cover. Oh God. I can't believe my eyes. You're s-so much more handsome in person", he gushed in happiness.

"I'm honoured, fan", he trailed without knowing the guy's name, when the guy said his name. "Caleb? Nice name. I'm so happy to have met you. Didn't know I was that famous", he said truly surprised with his familiarity.

"Are you kidding me? We actually have a fandom for you. Don't ever think you aren't famous. And I bet you don't even wanna know the conversations we have about you", the guy rambled confidently, his nerves a bit more calmed down now.

"I think I don't wanna be embarassed. I'm happy without knowing anything I believe", he joked while the guy nodded with a smile.

"Yes, you're right. You're better off without those things", Caleb laughed at him, his eyes crinkling at the sides. "Can I have your number, if you don't mind?", he asked boldly making Zayn hesitate since he didn't want his number to be leaked. "Don't worry I won't give it out. Just to talk once in a while. Hope you don't mind", he assured as Zayn smiled at his smooth trick.

"Sure, why not", he took Caleb's phone and punched his number, saving it as Z✨.

"Thank you so much", he repeated grateful for the luck and accomplishing one of his dreams to meet the guy who made many bow down to him, just with a curve of his lips. "Gotta say it again. You're really more handsome and sexy in person", he complimented making Zayn's cheeks burn red this time. He opened his mouth to reply when he was cut off by someone clearing their throat.

Zayn stood still, his body stiffened with shock and fear when he heard that deep voice after three years. He didn't dare to turn behind, afraid to meet the green eyed man who captured his heart once only to shred it apart into pieces that was still in the process of healing. He could easily recognise him just from the annoyed groan that left his lips, which actually made Zayn wonder why he was reacting to something unrelated to him.