17

Haz's POV:

The past two days have been a blessing in my opinion. I've been constantly happy more than I was these past three years. I know he isn't going to forgive me yet but I'm still going to leave no stone unturned. I know I messed up in the past. I messed up big time even now. I've been hiding something from him too and I know too well that he'd never look at me with love again when he gets to know about it. But, I'll cross the bridge when I'll get there. For now, I want him to forgive me to some extent. I couldn't help but defend Gigi, the other day because I had no other option. I am obligated to do that.

It was Christmas morning and I had decided to make an early morning visit to the same place I had come a few days ago. I parked my car in the driveway, killing the engine before getting out, opening the back door that had huge boxes of gifts, chocolates and cute, little cards from Gemma. I picked them up carefully before walking towards the main door. I was just going to place the boxes on the floor to ring the bell, when the door automatically opened, revealing the ever angry face of my mother.

"Happy Christmas, mom", I greeted with a wide smile, ignoring the cold stare.

"Same to you", she said with a clipped tone before moving from my way, letting me inside. I walked in through the huge foyer that was elegantly designed.

My mom shifted back to the US almost three years ago and she just visits Gemma once or twice a year, but not me

My mom shifted back to the US almost three years ago and she just visits Gemma once or twice a year, but not me. I see her face only when I visit here for holidays or any other time. I wanted my mother back but it seemed harder than I thought. She was still angry upon my stupidity and my decision to separate from Zayn. At that time, I couldn't do anything because I didn't want Zayn to hate me more than he already did.

I had bought and furnished this house fully with every single necessity when my mom said that she'll move here. I didn't want them to miss anything and so I had loaded the house with everything. It was a huge four bedroom mansion, in the middle of a 7 acre property. There was a stable at one side of the backyard, and also a huge play area with all types of slides and rides. I had done my own research on kitchen garden and planted every vegetable or herb that was really healthy, so that there wouldn't be a necessity to search for it anywhere. I filled this space with all kinds of things as I wanted only best for them.

"Where should I put these?", I asked my mom who just pointed me towards the end of the hallway where the tall, heavily decorated Christmas tree stood, twinkling in lights and decors.

"Dadda", I suddenly felt two little people hugging my legs, as I staggered for a moment before looking down at them with a fond smile.

🍉🍒🍓🍉🍒🍓🍉🍒🍓🍉🍒🍓🍉🍒🍓

"How much more time will it take, Jeff?", I questioned irritatedly since I had tried so hard to convince Zayn to come with me out tonight. He was stubborn but I almost got on my knees to get him to agree, but only after promising that it wasn't a date or anything romantic. Just two friends hanging out rather than staying in on a Christmas night.