30

Z's POV :

I was now sat on the couch in a lavish living room with a cup of hot steaming coffee, facing the woman who was like a mother to me. I had decided to meet my kids again today and luckily I had gotten the address from Gemma, who was actually happy that I could also meet Anne, since she had been wanting to meet me for a long time.

I had come here in the morning, wanting to spend a day with my little ones, who were now sleeping after a long playtime and lunch time tantrums. Someone had rightly said terrible two are really terrible to handle and the cherry on top was they were creepy twins, who made me shudder a lot at their behaviour and talks. I haven't still gotten used to their 'we're twins who have the same minds' episodes and Anne was just enjoying my horrified expressions.

"So, I heard you're a famous model now, son. How's it going for you?", she asked sipping on her own cup of green tea.

"Yeah. It's good, seeing the past struggles but I would say I fairly had some good opportunities early on which helped me go up. It's hectic, seeing we don't exactly have a fixed hours of work. That's the only downside, I think. Along with the shxtty media, prying into your personal life", I chuckled, explaining her with patience.

"I know how the paps can be. That was the reason I opted to move into a private mansion here when the kids were barely a week old. I couldn't even imagine what would have happened if they had gotten a whiff", she said with widened eyes, probably thinking about the scary hawks.

"Yes. I'm glad I finally got the chance to see them. Too late for my liking but better than never, I guess", I said with a sad smile.

"I know, son. I'm not a fan of what Harry did because whatever the reason had been, it was never the right choice. He was always been kind of impulsive; forgetting the fact that every action has a consequence. I'm still wondering how did he even manage to bring up his company to the number one spot", she talks, shaking her head at his attitude.

"He's a ruthless one for the starters. He's just too good at being the boss. And the narcissist in him wouldn't let him to settle for anything less. So, you have your answer, I believe", I listed out as she laughed, making my lips curve up in a genuine smile.

"It's good to have my sensible son back, yeah", she said with a genuine smile, but I felt a tug at my heart. I plastered a fake smile with just a nod.

"Couldn't stay away long without my favourite banana bread. Now can I?", I replied, trying to lighten the mood.

"Of course, I'm the best chef in the entire world", she said with a proud grin. "I made an extra batch for you to take back home".

"Thanks, mom. You're the best", I said with a grateful smile. It had been her rule years ago that I call her mom and not Anne or Mrs. Styles and I couldn't just control my habit.

"Anything for my son", she replied before changing the topic. "How did Harry even tell you about the kids?", she questioned me after a few minutes of silence.

"Technically, I got it out of him. He took me to St. Lucia on an impromptu and uninformed vacation, by the way", I said as she just shook her head. "Then I saw him going into a kids shop and buying things worth ten grands, which in a way shocked me and he said it was for his friends kids. But he didn't tell the truth until some time ago", I explained everything as her face turn into disappointment.

"He is definitely an idioh. I didn't let him have it the easy way too. He let you go because he was afraid you'll hate him. Can you believe that? You loved him and he loved you too. So why did he even think that?", she paused as I remembered that she still didn't know the truth of our marriage. She just knew we divorced because he didn't want to tell me the truth but she didn't know it was because our contract was over. "I tried to repeatedly warn him to get back to you, even after the divorce but he was just stubborn. He didn't listen to me. That was the day I found out that he wasn't my son but a business tycoon who doesn't like to be told things. The way he argued back hit me differently and I still couldn't come to terms if he was my sweet, little momma's boy or the bigshot of the fashion industry", her face showed sadness and remorse that somewhere along the race against time, she had lost her caring son.