9

Z's POV:

It's like nothing goes as per your wish. It's as though you want to get away from something so bad but it just comes around you like a whirlpool trying to drown you with no chance of escape. I don't want to go back or look back but everything around me is bringing him closer to me and I feel suffocated.

"Good morning, Jan", I mumbled without much interest, entering my agency.

"Woke up on the wrong side today? Why are you resembling a monkey on his period on such a beautiful morning?", she said with a wide, teasing smile as I glared at her.

"Shut your mouth. Will ya? And talk something sensible if not, get out. I want some peace until it's disrupted", I snapped at her unnecessarily. My day is already ruined and I didn't want her to add to the pile.

"Whatever went up your a*s and died. I don't care. Just be ready. Ms. Jenner and her friend will be here soon. You already know about it, yeah?", she asked as I sighed defeatedly before nodding.

Apparently Kendall is visiting the agency today to pick models for their new magazine edition. "Styleque", had been in the fashion industry for a year now and it didn't click to me right away that it could be his. "Should have known from the pun", my mind said as I facepalmed myself. This week they're going to be doing photoshoots for the March edition, which is three months away. "Why did they have to choose this agency?", I questioned myself with a sigh. Apart from that, I heard a flying rumour that he had also come here for some business. I don't want to have any run-ins with him at any given point of time.

Two hours passed by and I was currently standing before the camera, wearing the gender fluid collection of some other mediocre, budding fashion brand. To be very honest, their designs aren't noteworthy or remarkable, which makes sense since they're still growing.

"Aha! The world famous model in action. I'm blessed", a British accent brought my attention behind the light setup to see Kendall standing there with a wide smile on her face. I returned one and made my way to her.

"Hey, Kenny. It's been a long time, yeah", I greeted with a hug. She had become one of my good friends during my last days in some company, I don't want to talk about.

"Look who's talking. You disappeared from the face of the earth", she joked as I laughed. My peers looked at my chat with shocked faces. Of course they wouldn't know how I know her.

"You know everything, Ken. Can you even blame me?", I questioned while her face softened, understanding my point.

"But, you shouldn't have. You both lack communication skill, you know. I've told the same to that idioh too. Stubborn asses", she reprimanded but her voice void of anger.

"It's always a two way path, Ken. That bitc-"

My smile fell off when the screaming baboon made an appearance.

"Hi, Zayn. How are you?", she asked with an overly enthusiastic voice. I hated her guts. How dare she thought I'd even spare her a second glance?

"Ummmm.. Do I know you, Ms.?", I put on a thoughtful expression. She, obviously wasn't someone worth remembering. Kendall snickered but stopped when the baboon sent a glare to us.

"I don't think you can easily forget me, Zayn", she said with a wicked smile as my face contorted in anger.

"First of all, I don't know you. Secondly, even if I did, my mind didn't think you're important enough to be remembered. So, not my fault I guess", I countered with a smirk as her face flared with annoyance.

"Let me refresh your memory then", she spat with an evil grin. "I'm Gigi Hadid, your ex-husband, Harry Styles' current girlfriend", she announced with a proud grin as I heard a collective gasp from my crew. No one here knows about my past of course except for Jan. There was a reason I kept everything a secret.