29

HAZ's POV:

"Jeff, what happened to the presentation for the meeting with the France delegates ? I don't want any issues with it", I questioned at Jeff, as I sat on my chair behind the desk, leaning on the seat.

I was back in the UK since three weeks as my work was lagging behind and I had some contracts and presentations to look into personally. I was currently at my office, questioning Jeff on the progress when my phone pinged, indicating me of a text. My lips curved up into a smile upon seeing the name.

I quickly replied back with a cute message like everyday, before placing it on the desk. I was happy at the moment, after a long time. Why wouldn't I be? The past few weeks have been finally falling into place and I was getting adapted into a new life. I decided to take a huge step in my life and I actually am happy and at peace. But again, in a way I was nervous too. I can do this. I can do this without a problem.

"Yes, sir. They're all done and I have already sent attached copy of it on the official mail account for your perusal", he replied much to my satisfaction and I nodded in response.

"Have you gotten the ring from the store yet? Make sure they made it just like we wanted", I instructed him as he replied noting it down.

"I was about to go and pick it up now, Sir. Do you need anything else?", he questioned as I thought about it.

"No. That's it. Just keep everything in check", I said as he nodded and walked out of the cabin.

The work was piled up even though I had Gemma look over for the time I was away but some documents needed my signature on them and consent before completion. The two months had been too hectic in personal and professional life and I can't believe how much of a tangled mess it was. I had just been proofreading a document when the door opened without anyone knocking.

"I'm so done with you, Styles. I can't believe this. You're getting engaged and you didn't tell me?", Niall pouted, plopping on the chair on the other side of my desk.

"And where's your partner in crime? He ain't here to congratulate me?", I shook my head in disappointment that he had come alone.

"That fuxker is busy somewhere. I think he got a new boyfriend. Not everyone are gifted in that department, you know? Some of them can be blessed. Twice, you know", he said with a pointed look.

"Not now, Nialler. Please, this is what I wish to do and don't berate me about it", I sighed, tired at everyone being angry at me. I didn't do anything for them to behave this way. I was finally trying to do something for myself and this is how they all react. This is really getting tiring.

"Whatever, bro. Just do what you feel is right. When's the party again?", he questioned after giving me a suggestive look.

"Next Sunday, Niall. Has your mind lost it memory power? Want me to take you to the doc?", I chuckled as he poked his tongue out. "What happened to the girl you were seeing, by the way?", I decided to change the topic.

"Nah. It was just a fling. Nothing is fine with my dating life. I'm happy with my Golf course. Planning to buy a team though. What do you think?", He asked as I finally felt at peace with the change of conversation.

"Oh wow. That's great, mate. Atleast, gou got to live a good life, yeah?", I said with a sad smile.

"It's simply about the choices we make, Haz. It may seem philosophical but it's really that simple. But, I'm really happy for you two", he said with a genuine smile making me smile in return.

"Thanks, Nialler. I hope mom would just forgive me and attend the party, you know? I miss her", I complained as though he can help me with this situation.