26

Five days later, they decided to meet in the same park they met a few days ago. It was just getting darker, seeing it was past nine at night, which they thought was the best time to meet since they were still under the radar of the gossip hungry paparazzi. This was one of the major downsides of being a celebrity since the word "privacy" is thrown out of the window, the moment they're captured by a camera and become an interesting title topic in a magazine. Harry didn't want to invite him home for obvious reasons; while Zayn just didn't want him at his either. So, they decided to meet at a neutral ground.

Harry had gotten fifteen minutes prior to the said time, since his nerves wouldn't let him sit at home in peace. Some people still strolled in the park, probably taking a night walk or just a quick doze of fresh air before heading off to their homes. He chose a silent corner, away from the public view and sat on the little bench, torturing and scraping his nails off from their beds, while his forehead was sweating though the weather was moderately cold. He didn't know what to say or where to even start his explanation. But he knew that this was going to end in a huge mess. He had decided that there was no good in hiding the truth from Zayn, since that would only make him hate Harry more than ever. So, his trembling legs and shivering weren't because of the chill, spine cooling breeze but the fast pace of his house of fear; which also harboured immense love for his husband. Ex-husband.

The sound of scrunching leaves near him, brought his attention back to the reality as he felt himself stiffen; suddenly not sure if this were a good idea. He didn't dare to move from his place; rooted and eyes fixated on the ground as though it were telling him an interesting story.

He heard a throat clear, the voice very much familiar; but nevertheless brought goosebumps all over his already trembling body. He decided it was now or never and hence, took a deep breath before he stood up, turning to look at the Hazel eyed man who would decide his fate at the end of the night.

"Hi", Harry mumbled, still panicked. Zayn stood there without replying anything for a few seconds before he sighed defeatedly.

"Cut short the pleasantries. I'm not in the mood. Just get to the point", he snapped as Harry gulped, nodding his head.

"Shall we take a walk?", Harry questioned to which Zayn just nodded and they started walking. Zayn's posture was so closed off with his hands in pockets and eyebrows scrunched, which seemingly meant his walls were up. Over the past month or so, he had built a huge stone wall with iron claddings only for the topics or discussions related to Harry. The two men walked with almost synchronised steps, as a heavy silence blanketed them, irritating Zayn to no end.

"I don't have all night. I've got places to be and people to meet. So, if you wanna talk, open your fuxking mouth", he snapped again, scaring the shxt out of Harry. He didn't know what to do anymore, so he decided to pour it out without a stop. They came to a stop where there was a little bridge above a little pond in the middle of the park.

"Here goes nothing. Please hear me out fully and don't cut me off in the middle. I know what I did was wrong and even illegal but I wasn't thinking straight", he started as Zayn looked at him with confusion clouded face, his eyebrows drawn together and lips set in a straight line. Harry looked away for a moment, slyly wiping the lone tear that escaped his eye, taking a deep breath and turning towards Zayn. He still didn't meet his eyes because he just couldn't. "It was when you were admitted in the hospital for severe migraine attack and also your ankle sprain. The doctors decided to keep you in observation for two more days and I remember those were the days when I had fully realised that I had fallen in love with you. I didn't have the courage to tell it to your face. A man who owns a billion dollar company and has hundreds of employees under his mercy was scared to admit his new found feelings to his husband. How pathetic?", he dared to steal a glance at Zayn who still had confused expression but he seemed curious too. "I know what we had was a fake, contractual agreement but I couldn't just lock my heart and tell it that it shouldn't fall in love. The night we slept together was special to me in every sense, though you were drunk; I couldn't just stop myself. It was like a much needed awakening that the constant beating of our heart had a meaning and it was because it was constantly looking for someone to love. It was then I understood that people always say our heart skips a beat when we meet the right one and I understood it because I felt it skip a beat when you looked at me with so much love, adoration and passion filled in your eyes. I understood my heart's way of saying that you were the one, he was searching for. And then again, it started beating with a new meaning. The yearning, the longing and desperation to see you smile, to make you smile and to just watch you being happy. I know you don't believe me right now but I really love you, Zayn. I have always but I didn't know how to be honest with you", he poured out sincerely, as tears fell freely down his cheeks, but he didn't care.