22

Haz's POV:

"Thank you so much, Linda. You guys can take the week off. Working all around the year must be tiring. I've got this. Don't worry", I heard Zayn's voice talking downstairs. I had taken a much needed shower and changed into my casual clothing, when I heard his voice. I decided to go and check out what he was doing.

"Thank you, Mr. Styles", Linda's said with a smile as I saw all the workers, making their way to the quarters behind the house with a happy smile on their faces. I didn't understand what he had planned so I climbed down the last few stairs, when he smiled at me widely.

"Ahhh.. right on time, babe. I've given them the week off as we decided", Zayn acted as I looked confused. The workers thanked me happily before walking out.

"What are you doing? You gave them a week off and didn't even ask me", I questioned raising my eyebrows at him to which he only chuckled.

"Ohhhhhhh. Sorry. Welcome to season one of 'How does it feel to do something without taking other's permission?'. It doesn't feel good, now. Does it?", he scoffed turning and walking towards the kitchen.

I let it slip because I was so hungry and I wanted to eat a full, heavy breakfast. It's been a minute since I had something good. I entered the kitchen when Zayn looked at me with a grin.

"C'mon, Harreh. Don't be shy now", he spoke as I looked at him doubtful of his sweet behaviour. I went inside the kitchen, when he opened the cabinets, searching for something.

I knew he was searching for the pots and pans to cook, so I just made myself comfortable and sat on the countertop, as he moved around the kitchen, and pulled out all the ingredients he would need. I looked at them with wide eyes because one side of the kitchen counter was filled with flours, spices, vegetables, meat and whatnot. What was he even planning to make.

"Make something soon, Zayn. I'm starving", I rubbed my tummy like a kid who hadn't eaten in days. He turned towards me with the never ceasing grin, gesturing me to come near him which I obviously did.

"Oh then. We must hurry. Harry, I want a simple veg salad, Chicken Alfredo pasta, some samosas and smoked salmon with a side of pickled onions and chillies. Get to work. I'm hungry just by imaging them all", he demanded as I looked at him like he had grown three heads. He was asking me, no commanding me to cook for him. What the hell is he thinking?

"What the hell? I'm not gonna do the cooking", I almost yelled, not believing my ears. "I'll call someone to do it", I said, trying to make my way towards the exit when he held my wrist, stopping me from taking a step forward.

"How about this? You cook the breakfast and we eat happily. Or, I'll just order a pizza for myself and take it to my room and eat alone", he asked as though he was giving me a choice. I just looked at him, shocked to even answer him. "Oohh, ok. I'll just order a pizza for myself then", he said dropping my wrist and pulling out his phone when I surrendered.

"I'll make it", I mumbled, not believing that I was doing what he asked for, which was totally out of my character. I don't follow anyone's commands, I do what I want but right now I didn't have any other choice.

"Good. Hurry up and get to work, honey", he smiled, patting my left cheek before passing me on his way out. "I'll be in the living room watching TV. Just call me when you're done. Ok?", he didn't even ask me before walking out, whistling some random tune.

I looked at the kitchen counter, having no idea on where to start. I knew how to cook but I didn't know how to make samo-as. What even is a samua? I decided to check it on Google and I put an apron, getting ready to work as I didn't have any other choice.