Kim Possible

My pencil taps the side of my desk repetitively as I wait on the dismissal bell.

I jump at the tap on my shoulder, "Are you okay?"

Looking over my shoulder, "Yeah, why?"

Roman points to my pencil as it beats on the edge of my desk. I stop immediately, "Sorry."

"Graduation is just a few weeks away... Is that why you are all spastic?"

"Don't remind me."

The bell rang and Charlotte was standing at my classroom door within seconds.

"I just saw him heading towards the gym."

I shrug and walk passed her into the hallway.

"Are you not going to go talk to him?"

I shake my head, "He hasn't spoken to me since I walked away from his dinner table, Char."

"Damn, that's cold." It wasn't until he spoke that I realized Roman had been following us.

Sarah was standing at my locker with her arms crossed.

Charlotte put her arm over my shoulder, "His loss."

Sarah rolled her eyes as soon as she realized what we were talking about, "My dad is an asshole. Liam is terrified of him, just give him some time."

"What time, Sarah? He leaves in a few weeks."

She took a long dramatic breath, "He isn't going to leave without fixing things. Let's just go to get fro-yo or something."

"Can't," I open my locker, placing my books, "Beth asked me to work this afternoon."

Charlotte looked at me, "I thought you weren't working there anymore?"

Shrugging, "I help her out when she is shorthanded."

"Well maybe we can come get a shake and fries later," Charlotte nodded towards Sarah.

Sarah's attention moved to the end of the hallway, we both turned to see what she was staring at. I met eyes with Liam, and he looked away.

My eyes moved their focus to the ground, and I pulled my backpack over my shoulder, "I have to go."

"Love you, bye."

I was fighting back tears as I pushed through the double doors to the student parking lot. My body jolted to a stop as I heard him call out my name, "Em."

I stood frozen, not wanting to face him. After a few seconds, his hand touched my arm, "Em, can we talk?"

"Why now?"

"Emilie, please."

I pulled my arm from his grip, "I have to get to the diner."

"Can I call you later?"

I shrug my shoulders, "Do you need to ask your daddy first?"

His eyes rolled, "Em, don't do that."

"Why haven't you tried to talk to me in the past week? Why now?"

I could see the guilt on his face as he opened his mouth to speak, but quickly closed it back.

"Exactly. I have to go."

As I began to turn away, his hand wrapped around my arm spinning me back into his chest as his lips crashed onto mine. It simply took my breath away.

His eyes stared into mine as we slowly seperated from each other, "I don't want to lose you, Em."

"Then don't."