Kicking Ass

The scent of coffee and cake attacked my nose hair as we walked through the front door of the beanery.

"Oh my god, look atthe aprons!," Sarah points to a waiter by a table next to the window, "I could pull that off."

It didn't take me long to spot Rebekah, she was standing behind the counter organizing the spices.

"Excuse me," she looked up from the spice rack, "I would like to fill out a job application, please."

She stared for what felt like an hour before speaking, "We aren't hiring, sorry."

"Oh," My fingers fidget with my jacket zipper, "Can we fill one out just in case something becomes available?"

After looking around, she leaned over the counter in a whisper, "Look, I know who you are, and you aren't welcome here. So leave."

I felt my cheeks burn, "Excuse me?"

At this point, Sarah had stepped into the conversation, "Yeah, what she said."

Rebekah swallowed the lump in her throat, "AJ warned me about you. My brother told me that you two had a history, so I wanted to find out myself."

Sarah laughed, "If by history, you mean assualt- then yeah, they have history, bitch."

I took a deep breath, "This was a mistake, let's go."

Sarah yanked her arm away from me, "No, this is getting settled!"

"This is where I work, if you want to settle anything then it can wait til I am off the clock."

"Deal," Sarah leaned further over the counter, "I can kick your ass anyday, anytime, anywhere- and your piece of shit boyfriend."

I pulled her to the door.

"Just drop it."

I could tell she wanted to say more, but she didn't, "Fine, but only because I love you."

"And, I don't want you to speak or even look at her tonight."

She sighed, "No promises, but effort will be shown."

"Good,"  I looked up at the signs on the buildings leading down the strip, "Let's try the cute boutique, maybe she is hiring."

As we arrived back at Sarah's house, Liam and a few of his teammates were working out in the open garage.

He quickly left the group to meet me as I stepped out of the car.

"Hey," he gave me a quick kiss, "How did it go?"

I answered before Sarah had the chance, "Not great, but I will keep looking."

"That's my girl." He flashed me that same smile that makes my knees buckle.

I motined my head toward the garage, "Go back to the boys, I can talk to you later."

He kisses my forehead and makes his way back to the garage.

"So, Im thinking my leather mini skirt and led zeppelin bleach tee?"

I nod as Sarah holds her outfit nomination to her body.

"What are you going to wear?"

Shrugging, "I don't know, probably this."

She looks my current outfit up and down, "No offense, Em, but that is not party attire."

I roll my eyes, "I know, but I hate parties. So let me wear my mom jeans and t shirt, okay?"

"Okay," she smiles, "Can I atleast curl your hair for you?"

There was a knock on the bedroom door as Sarah finished the last curl on my head.

The door creaked open and Liam peeked his head in, "Everybody decent?"

Sarah smirked, "Depends on what you are referring to."

I smacked her arm, "You can come in, we are just about to leave."

"Leave?" He took a seat on the edge of the bed.

Sarah and I looked at each other, we knew we couldn't lie.

"We are going to Grant's for a little while."

He cut his eyes to me, "Grant's?"

My head nods up and down, "He asked us to come hang out with a few friends."

Liam chews on the inside of mouth, "Give me a second."

Sarah completes her finishing touches for her makeup until Liam returns to the room in jeans, a white tshirt, and a black jacket, "Alright, let's go."

We stand staering, not moving, "What?"

"I just called Grant, he apologized for forgetting my verbal invitation, he hoped it wasn't too late for me to come. He was just in luck."

My heart rate started to pick up speed... I wanted him to go, but I wasn't prepared to deal with the Rebekah situation in front of him.

Grant and I have two different definitions of a few friends.

Sarah wrapped her arm around mine as we followed Liam into the house.

It didn't take but a few minutes to spot Rebekah, she was wearing a short cocktail dress.

"Do you want me to go punch her?"

My eyes speak for me, but just to make things clear, "No, I want you to act like she is not here."

Liam's arm made its way around my waist, "Do you want something to drink?"

"Honestly," I give a smile, "I would love some water."

Planting a kiss on my forehead, "You got it, babe."

I catch myself smiling as he walks away.

"That was cute," Roman crosses his arms over his chest, "I had started to think you weren't going to show."

Sarah laughed, "Only the losers show up on time."

He smirked, "That explains it, I was the only cool person here til you guys showed up," He put his elbow on the edge of Sarah's shoulder, "So, how did it go with Bekah?"

Sarah nudged his elbow off of her, "She is a bitch."

Nodding, "That's what I had expected to hear. What happened?"

Liam returned with a bottle of cold water, "You expected to hear what?"

We all fell silent and waited for one to speak.

The silence was cut short when Rebekah joined in, "Well if it isn't the Psycho twins."

"Shut the hell up, Bekah."

"Who is that?" Liam was full of confusion.

I grab his hand, "Nobody-"

"A stupid ass bitch," Sarah was taking out her earrings, but Roman stopped her. 

"I've got this, no need to throw any hands," he looked at Liam, holding a beer, "Or glass bottles."

Roman grabbed Rebekah's wrist and attempted to pull her away from the group, but she didn't have any plans to walk away.

Grant happened to look our direction and quickly joined in, "Hey, I am not going to have any fights or drama, so take the bull shit elsewhere."

Liam leaned into my ear, "Who the hell is that?"

I took a deep breath, "That is Rebekah, AJ's new girlfriend...and Roman's sister."

He laughed, "Go ahead, Sarah, kick her ass."