You Saved Me

"I had fun tonight."

Liam kissed my forehead and spun me around with his finger.

"Me too, I especially enjoyed it when you bounced the ball off of Justin's head and then went for the layup."

He smirked, putting his arm around my shoulders, "That was actually pretty dope, if I do say so myself."

We both stop on the front porch of the Brooks' househould.

My knees go weak as I stare into his eyes, "How did I get so lucky?"

He grazed my cheek with his finger, "It helps that you are hot."

I sheepily cover my face with the back of my hand and look away.

"Don't," he pulls my hand away from my face, "Don't ever cover your face. God, Emilie, how can you not see how beautiful you are."

The corners of my mouth formed a smile, and I raised it to kiss his cheek, "You saved me."

His eyebrows connected, "What?"

I pointed to the brick stairs, and we both take a seat. I grab his hand, "You are completely unaware of a lot of what I am about to tell you, but I need you to know."

I could tell he was concerned, but he simply squeezed my hand, "I'm here for you, Em."

I take a deep breath, "Not long after my dad died... I was so lost. I felt like my entire world was flipped upside down... and then we had all the issues with Sarah, and her accident..and Farrah, and the arguments with my mom.. and my mom leaving. I was lost, and I felt like my world couldn't be saved," Liam rubbed my back as I spoke, I was trying to hold back tears, "I had decided that my life would never be the same, and I didn't want it."

His hand went from my back to my shoulder, and he pulled me into an embrace,"Emilie."

I continued, "But I knew that it was selfish, and my mom needed me. I struggled behind closed doors, Liam. But then, it all fell into place when I was with you... so wether you realize it or not, you saved me. You loving me...saved me."

He pulled me in tighter, "Your mom isnt the only one who needs you," he turned my chin to face him, "I need you."

The porch light flickered off above us, and the front door opened, "The doors lock at Midnight."

Liam held up his watch and flashed the screen to me, "11:59PM."

Jackson stood in the doorway, but Liam didnt seem to care, "I better make this quick then."

With one hand on each side of my face, he pulls me in for a kiss. A kiss that paralized me, one that spoke without words. As we pulled away from each other, he kissed the tip of my nose, "I need you, Emilie Jones, and don't you ever doubt that."

My heart skipped several beats as I watched him walk to his jeep.

"Door is closing in three...two..one," Jackson slowly began to close the door.

"Wait!," I jump up and run inside as he closes the door behind me, "The doors lock at midnight.. really?"

He shrugged, "They do on the nights you decide to go hang out with Justin."

We sit down among the living room furniture, "It's not what you think."

He leaned all the way back, "Then please, Emilie, explain."

"I took Liam."

Jackson narrowed his eyes at me, "This better be good."

"It was," I pulled one of the blankets off the back of the couch and draped it across my legs, "I took Liam to embaress him, remind him that no one wants him here."

He props his sock feet onto the coffee table, "And did it work?"

I look around and analyze complete silence besides our voices, "Did he come home?"

Jackson laughed, "Fair enough. Did he beat the shit out of him at any point?"

Shaking my head, "No, unfortunately not, but he did hit him a few times with the ball. You should have been there."

We laugh as we talk about the many times someone has spoon fed revenge to Justin. 

"This is nice, Em. We haven't talked like this in a really long time, but we have school tomorrow and its almost two in the morning."

"Holy shit," I check the clock on my phone confirming his statement, "Yeah, I have to go to bed."

He offered his hand to help me up, "I wasn't meaning to listen in on you, but I did hear Liam say that your mom isn't the only one who needs you.. and I hope you believe him."

I nod trying to smile, "I do."

"Good, because we all need you, Em.," He walked halfway up the stairs before turning back, "Goodnight."

Before I could respond, he had disappeared up the stairs.

My eyelids feel ten thousand pounds heavier than they did when I closed them four hours ago.

I seriously consider skipping school, but eventually decide to make a good decision.

Flipping through my clothes, I land on a bluejean skirt and light pink sweater.

There is a knock on the door, "Are you ready?"

The clock says yes I am the mirror says Hell No I am not.

"I will catch you there, I need a few more minutes."

He didn't respond, but I heard his footsteps lead him away from my door.

I pull my hair up and twist it into a clip.

Grabbing my backpack, I head into the hallway and stop in my tracks.

"This is pure gold," Justin dramatically looks around the hall, "No bodyguard today?"

I roll my eyes, "Trust me, I don't need one."

He smirks, "Have you been working out?"

"Why don't you find out?"

He takes a few steps closer, "You trust me, Emilie... I will find out, don't you worry."

My entire body tenses as he walks on past me, and down the stairs.

I jump as my phone vibrates in my back pocket.

"Hello?"

"Good Morning, Princess."

Even after what had just happened, he brings a smile to my face, "Good Morning, handsome."

"Have you left yet?"

"No, I am about to." I carefully walk down the stairs and open the front door.

"Good, you can ride with me."

Liam holds his phone out of his window, today may not be so bad afterall.