Love, Emilie White

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, Em, you look beautiful."

I put my hands over my face, knowing that Liam was trying to make me feel better.

"Stop," he moved them away from my cheeks.

"Are you worried?"

His eyebrows pushed together, "Worried? About what?"

My voice fell to a whisper, "Everything. It all changes as soon as I walk out of here."

"Well, technically, I get to roll you out of here," he steps out into the hall and pulls a wheelchair into the room.

"No, I can walk."

"But why walk when you can ride in style?," He waved his hands all around the wheelchair.

"Honey," My mom entered the room, "I finished up all of the paperwork. They are coming to do a final check and then we can leave."

She began to pack up the few things that Sarah and Charlotte had brought me to make my room feel more home-like.

Liam sat on the edge of my bed, "Are you sure that you are ready to go home?"

I wrap my hand around his, "As long as you are going to take care of me," I took a deep breath, "Us. Take care of us."

He kisses my forehead, "Always. I'm moving back home."

My eyes meet his, "What? What about school? Your scholarship?"

"Em, I can't leave you here. I won't leave you here."

I slowly nodded, "And I can't move to LSU and have a baby in the middle of the semester."

Mother propped her hand on her hip, "Nonsense. Liam, you will go and finish school. You will need a degree to provide for that child. Emilie, you can come back with me to New York and I will cover your expenses. You can go to school online."

"Mom, thank you but I am not going back to New York."

"My parents have agreed to let you stay with us until we decide what we want to do," Liam ran his hand through his hair, "No matter what, we can figure this out."

There was a knock at the door, "How are we feeling?"

I smiled at Dr. Sanchez as she entered the room, "I'm ready to go home."

"Let's see what I can do about that," she smiled wide.

After a quick examination, she held her arms open for a hug, "It seems that you will be leaving me now."

"Thank you, Dr. Sanches, for everything."

She pat my back in a hug, "Come back and see me, but on a visitation basis only."

"Absolutely."

"And I personally put all of the referral paperwork for Dr. Nelson to take over during the pregnancy. She is a wonderful physician."

"Thank you," my mother shook her hand with a smile.

After we all said our goodbyes, it was finally time to go home...well somewhere that I could possibly consider a home, eventually.

Liam exhaled loudly as we arrived in his driveway. I took his hand in mine and tried to comfort him.

"I-"

He turned to face me, "Em, I don't want you to worry about me. I need you to worry about you and the baby."

I smile as I look down at my stomach, "There really is a baby in there, huh?"