She is the Little Girl

I picked up a shirt and folded it as Liam taped the fourth box. He took the shirt from me and placed it into the next empty box.

Looking over his shoulder, "Dad will be home in like two hours."

I stand from the bed, "Is that your way of nicely asking me to leave?"

"No," he reached out for my hand, "I was just warning you."

"Hm," I shrugged my shoulders slowly.

Liam sat down on the bed, pulling me onto him, "Why don't we go out to eat?"

"I thought your mom was cooking."

"She is," he pushed a strand of my hair behind my ear, "But I would rather take you somewhere."

I smiled, "That sounds good to me."

Liam kissed me, and then moved me to the side as he finished packing.

Sarah was walking down the hall as we left his room.

"Well hello," she crossed her arms over her chest, "Staying for dinner?"

"No," I shook my head, "We are going to go grab something in town."

She rolled her eyes, "And leave me to suffer through a family dinner alone?"

Liam looked at me before rolling his eyes in return, "Fine. You can come."

"Yay. Let me change."

I skipped through my entire playlist on the way to Alfredo's.

"Can you just pick a song, Em?"

"Sorry, sorry...I am not feeling any of these," I skipped two more songs until it landed on Poetry by Wrabel, "OH, I love this song!"

"Thank God, because I was tired of the beeping," Sarah rolled her eyes in the backseat.

Liam reached over and grabbing my hand, "I like this song."

Sarah fake gagged, "Gross."

"You are just pissed that Jackson broke up with you," Liam adjusted his mirror to be above the view of Sarah.

"It was a mutual split, thank you so much."

I smiled as Liam leaned across the jeep to whisper in my ear, "Says anyone who has ever been dumped."

I was thankful when the Alfredo's sign was in view.

Liam motioned for me to enter our side of the booth first and I slid next to the wall.

We went around the table giving our orders to the waitress before she returned to the kitchen.

"So any news on the gangsters?"

Liam darted his eyes around the room, "God, Sarah, you can't just blurt that out."

She slowly sipped from her straw, "Well?"

He shrugged, "Nothing yet. Roman is supposed to keep me updated from his side, but as far as I know he hasn't had any contact with his father or his uncle since the other night."

I twitch my mouth sideways, "We should have invited him, I feel bad that he doesn't really have any friends...well besides us."

Liam rolled his eyes, "I wouldn't call us friends."

"I mean, we could still call him," Sarah unlocked her phone and went to her contacts.

She placed the phone on the conter of the table, clicking the speaker button.