Thank me Later

Grounded during school sucks...Grounded on break from school sucks even more. I was allowed to go to work and then come back to the house. The only thing that made things better was knowing that Charlotte and Liam were too far away to be able to see anyways. After almost a full week of being a prisoner, the day had finally come for Liam and my mother to come home.

There was a knock on my door, "Emilie?"

"What?"

Jackson opened my door, "Mom wants you downstairs."

I slightly roll my eyes before getting off of my bed and walking down the stairs. Time froze when I saw my mother standing in thier living room.

"MOM!"

I almpost knocked her over when I ran into her arms, wrapping mine around her as tight as I could.

"Oh I have missed you!"

Smiling, I lean back, "I missed you too. You are home early!"

Mrs. Brooks offered her a water or a muffin from breakfast.

"I was actually going to take Emilie to eat and talk, thank you though."

I sat down in the booth across from my mom at the diner. Beth came by, placing our drinks on the table as I introduced her to my mom.

"I am so proud of you. A job? You are so grown up, Emilie."

A smile grew on my face, "Grown up? Let's talk about you... Mrs. Vice President of a big New York company. I'm proud of you too."

She looked down at the menu, "How is Liam?"

"On his way home."

Her eyes met mine, "Home?"

I nod, "He has been in Louisiana... campus tour."

Beth appeared at our table once more to take our order.

"Do you want to invite him to dinner? Amy has offered to cook for us tonight."

I check the time on my phone, he should be home within the hour, "I will call him."

Excusing myself from the table, I walk outside to call him.

"Hey."

"Hey?"

"Are you almost home?"

"Actually, we left later than planned.... we are about three hours behind."

"Oh, do you think you will be home by dinner?"

"Maybe, if we don't have to make anymore stops. Why, what's up?"

"Nothing, be careful..call me when you get home."

"Okay, I will talk to you later."

"I love you, Liam."

"I love you too."

I pressed the red button to end the call, turning back to the door.

Sitting back in the booth, "So I assume New York is pretty permanent since you are selling the house."

She looked up from her phone, "We agreed for you to stay here until the end of the school year. Then you move to New York with me."

"Mom, it will be my senior year.. I want to graduate here with my friends."

Her eyebrows raised, "We are not going to discuss this right now."

"Then when?"

She took a bite of food, "Not now."