Have a Seat

362 Days Later

"Have you heard from him?"

Sarah smiled, curling my hair, "He just called. He is an hour or so away."

I take a deep breath, "It's finally our turn."

"Which heels?" Charlotte stands in the corner holding up two pairs of white heels.

"Left," Sarah and I answer in unison.

Satisfied, she threw the right pair on the ground, "Left was my pick too."

Sarah looked at the time on her phone screen, "What time is Grant picking us up?"

"Actually, I was going to drive on my own if that's okay?"

Both of them stared at me like I had two heads, "Excuse me?"

"I have to pick something up on the way."

Charlotte's eyes lit up and she whispered to Sarah, "Ohhhh it may be gifts. I approve."

Sarah narrowed her eyes but agreed, "Okay, I can drive the car back afterwards if you want to ride back with Liam."

I smile, "Great plan."

"He will be here in like 20 minutes, so finish her hair."

Sarah curled the last few strands of my hair and buckled on her shoes. She swiped on some shiny lip gloss and offered it to me, "You sure you want to drive seperate? I can ride with you if you want me to."

"I'm good, Sarah. I just need to pick something up on the way."

She pat my head, "Be careful."

Charlotte yelled for Sarah from down the hall, "He is here!"

"I will see you there," I wave bye to Sarah as she leaves the room.

Grabbing my keys, I throw my jacket over my shoulders (Careful to not mess up my hair) and make my way to my car. I send Liam a text that I am leaving the house so he can meet me at the arena. It was hard to realize that I would be a official High School Graduate in less than five hours. Seeing how well Liam has handled the transitio from High School to college leaves me hopeful. Especially hopeful, since I signed my acceptance and registration to LSU three weeks ago. Visiting every other weekend had been great, but living two streets away from each other is fantastic. Charlotte had registered to go to a private school in the UK to study abroad for her Fashion Line. Sarah was taking a GAP year to decide what she really wanted to do for the rest of her life.

My stomach did flips as I pulled onto the street to head to Northside Park Strip Mall. I had felt sick all day as my nerves always get the best of me and public speaking has never been my talent.

The light turned yellow and I slowed down, pulling out my phone to change the song that was playing. I heard a car horn, looking up to see a truck heading straight towards me.

LIAM WHITE

I smiled at Emilie's text, knowing that I would see her in just a few minutes. Long distance dating hasn't been the greatest, but we make it work- we are a team.

I find a parking spot towards the back of the lot, waiting for Emilie to arrive. Sarah's face pops onto my screen.

"Hello?"

Her voice comes through the speaker, "Where are you?"

"I just got here-"

"And Emilie?"

I look around, "She should be here any minute. I will call her."

"Yeah, do that. She won't answer me, and Mrs. Martinez is pissed because she is late."