Chapter 28

Chapter 28

Connection

I opened the door of the usual cafeteria, where we met up for the news. Sometimes, she's just sending me the details, but when it is important, she asks to meet up. That's why I couldn't help but feel nervous, for I know that the details she will serve me are really relevant.

The cafeteria had only a few customers that day, so I easily found her sitting in a very secluded area. Naglakad ako doon nang kinakabahan. I sighed when I finally approached her. Tumayo siya at nakipag kamay.

She's actually not too old. I did not interrogate her anymore since Erios suggest her. Erios has yet to learn what I am dealing about. He was asking, but I did not give him anything.

About my problem, there are no exceptions.

"Good evening, Ms. Gonzaga," aniya gamit ang malambot niyang boses.

"I'm sorry, but this would be the end of my service. I already have the last details I got yesterday... "

Bumuntong hininga ako at saka tumango. Nakaupo na ako kanyang harap.

I am trying to understand why it's already the last, but who am I to insist on more? Erios did not accept my payment; he promised he'd pay and handle everything. Kahit hindi ko pa sabihin.

I watched her slide the envelope closer to me. My knees were wobbly like jelly. My hands don't really release sweat, but now I can feel the wetness on my hands.

"I'm sorry, and thank you for having me, Ms. Gonzaga. It was nice working with you... " she said, pressed her lips, and smiled. She looked saddened when she stood up, watching me control my emotions.

"T-thank you..." was all I said because I was consumed by guesses about the envelope.

"I'll go now..." she said and couldn't look into my eyes directly. She smiled with sadness in her eyes before she trailed off.

I did not utter a word. I was so occupied with random thoughts that I forgot to thank her genuinely. Natutuliro ako dahil sa bigat ng aking nararamdaman. It felt like my heart was being squeezed to death. Natatakot ako sa maaaring maging laman ng envelope.

I grabbed the envelope near me. I could also feel my phone vibrating but I never paid attention to it. Dahan dahan ay binuksan ko iyon para malaman kung anong nasa loob.

Pictures.

Pictures from different angles. From different places.

My tears started falling like a storm in rebellion. Napatutop ako sa aking bibig habang humahagulgol. I was trying so hard not to cry with sound so people would not give me their eyes. I wiped my cheeks as I regained my energy to see all the pictures.

My father is always with the same girl I do not know. Iba't ibang lugar pero mukhang coffee shops lahat ng kanilang meet ups. Umiiling ako habang umiiyak dahil hindi ako makapaniwala. I look up to him so much! So much that I can't not swallow this news.

My father is a fucking cheater! There, I said it! He cheated on us! I could still remember what he told me on my debut. If I could still remember it right, he told me that we are enough reasons to fight, then what is this? What the fuck is this?

My hands were trembling, and I couldn't even stand to leave. Lumapit sa akin ang isang babaeng staff at inalok ako ng tubig. I shook my head since I had a glass of water beside me.

Kahit ayaw kong dalhin ang mga litrato, binitbit ko pa rin iyon palabas. Tinapon ko iyon sa loob ng kotse ko at sa loob ako humagulgol. I even punched the steering wheel multiple times because of my burning rage. I can't believe it!