29: New Years

It seemed as though barely anytime had gone by until it was suddenly New Years. I knew that there was a New Years party that night but I wasn't too interested in going.

The boys had been pestering me all day telling me, 'I had to go' and 'the whole schools going to be there'. What they didn't understand is that our parents are getting married in two days and I promised Sara we could finally do a girls day the day before. She'd been asking me for so long and she was so excited I finally said yes. I wouldn't want to ruin her happiness by me being hungover.

I was chilling in my room when I heard a knock on my door.

"Come in," I tell shutting my book.

"Hey, it's just me," Elijah said coming into my room.

"Yes," I say curious as to why he's in my bedroom.

"I just wanted to let you know that I'm pretty sure Blake's going tonight," he says wiggling his eyebrows at me.

"Firstly why would I care and secondly he knows I don't want to go and he understands why," I say picking up my book to show I'm not having this conversation.

"Your, seriously going to leave your boyfriend alone on New Years"

"Not my boyfriend," I say in a sing-song voice but still don't look up from my book.

"Well I'd be careful if I was you especially after what Cormac said about Alissa," He said looking pleased as he immediately got my attention.

"Who's this Alissa bitch" I say not even realising why I'm mad.

"I just remember him saying something about how she had a crush on him, but hey I'm sure it's no biggy, although she is going tonight," he said smugly knowing what he was doing.

"I'm coming," I say in a monotone voice.

"Well don't feel as though you have too," he says smugly as he goes to leave my room whilst I give him the middle finger.

It's not that I didn't trust Blake, because I did. I just don't want this Alissa bitch to try and make a move on him. I'd kill her before she'd get within three feet of him. Jeez, when did I become the jealous girlfriend? What has my life come too.

I double-checked that my friends were still going to the party and it turns out they were, so there was no excuse for me not to go. I got them to come over to mine beforehand so that we could go together.

"Your brothers are so hot," Callie says and I slap her shoulder.

"We're going to my room," I say grabbing her arm and dragging her.

A few minutes later May showed up and we got ready in my room. Callie and I were forced to sit still whilst May did our hair and makeup. Neither of us cared so we just sat there as she excitedly gave us a 'makeover'.

"Look," she said excitedly as she showed us what we looked like. I'll give it to her I did look even hotter than usual.

"Damn I actually look nice," Callie says checking herself out in the mirror.

"Ok well, we better get going," May says and I look at the time and realise Elijah said 7:30 and it was already 7:35.

"Yeah let's go before Lij yells at me," I say and when we get to the lounge Elijah is looking at his imaginary watch and shaking his head.

"If you want a lift we're leaving now," he says tapping his foot.

"Yes yes, we're coming," I say quickly as I tie my shoes.

"Here you go Charlie" Dad says handing me a box of drinks.

"Pete is that alcohol," Sara says shocked.