7: First Day

Today was my first day of High School, well it was my first day of American High School because in New Zealand I had already been going for a year and a half. In NZ high school starts a year earlier and we start the school year at the beginning of February and end at the beginning of December. Personally I think that it makes way more sense to do it the way its done in NZ but whatever I'll just have to get used to it. 

It's around 7am when I get up and go out to the kitchen to finally have some breakfast. It's a little awkward when I first enter the kitchen and I can tell none of them know what to say. I decide to be the one to break the silence and roll my eyes whilst saying, 

"Jesus if you're gonna get awkward every time I have a meltdown then living in this house is going to be pretty awkward for everyone."

This seemed to break the tension in the room and made everyone chuckle a bit and my dad laughed while nodding. I guess he's pretty used to it by now, I mean it's not like I try to be a bitch and throw tantrums like a child it's just that I don't really know how to deal with my feelings and I end up just yelling like a crazy person. 

Now that the tension is broken dad decides to speak up whilst we're all eating our food, "Ok so Charlie the boys walk to school every morning and have said you can walk with them and don't worry the walk won't be long, the high schools only ten minutes form here. Also I know you said you are sick of me making you do everything for Isaac but his preschool is on the way so it would be great if you could take him with you but obviously I can do it if you don't want to."

Ugh now I feel bad because its not like I don't want to help out with Isaac it's just that I don't want him relying on me to do everything. 

"No dad I'm happy to take Isaac, all I was trying to say yesterday is that I shouldn't have to do everything."

He smiles before replying, "I know and I get what you meant but I was just making sure. Thank you for doing this Charls."

I smile whilst grabbing my now empty plate and taking it to the sink. I then remember I need to take my meds so I go to the medicine cabinet and get out my cocktail of pills that I need to take.

Whilst I'm taking them I hear Cormac speak, "Why do you take so many pills." 

I roll my eyes before replying with a serious voice, "I'm a drug addict obviously"

Leo and Benji both look shocked whereas the other three just smirked and shook their heads at the other two who clearly fell for my bullshit. 

I look over at the other two and say, "I mean I understand Leo believing it but come on Benji I thought you were the smart brother."

Benji just shrugs and blushes a little, clearly embarrassed and after a few seconds Leo finally understood what I said and shouts "hey that's not nice" whilst grabbing his chest and pretending to be offended. 

After some more arguing Sara and Dad said their goodbyes and headed off for work. After about ten more minuted we realised we had to leave for school now, especially if I wanted enough time to make sure Isaac was settled into his new preschool.

As we headed down the street the boys were arguing about something stupid whilst Isaac was non stop talking to me about how excited he was about his new school and the feeling wasn't mutual. I guess it was a good distraction because although on the outside I looked calm and was portraying my signature nonchalant look, on the inside I was petrified. 

Eventually we reached the preschool and I took him inside where I saw a modern looking space that was really colourful and overall gave off really nice vibes. I signed him in and saw that my dad had put me on the list so that I was able to pick him up and drop him off which was good.