17: Purple

It wasn't long before dad showed up at the pier to take me home. He probably spent a solid 5 minutes thanking Blake and insisting that he would give him a ride home. Blake politely refused saying he enjoyed night walks and that they helped clear his head. As Dad and I made our way to the car Blake and I exchanged smiles and I knew that was going to be the last peaceful thing I'd experience for awhile.

Dad hadn't spoken a single word to me and I was just waiting for the explosion that I knew was going to happen sooner or later. The first few minutes of the drive was silent before I heard a quiet, "Do you know how worried I was?" form dad.

"Sorry" I mumbled still not wanting to talk.

"You could've at least told me you were safe Charlie, I thou- I thought something might of happened" He said and only now did I notice how pale he was.

"I know, I'm sorry" I said still looking down.

"Everyone was worried sick, we've all been out looking for you and Isaac won't stop crying." Dad said now disappointed.

"Well fuck me how many damn times do I have to say I'm sorry, stop guilt tripping me" I said getting angrier by the second and deciding to look out the window and watch as other cars zoomed by.

"I'm not trying to guilt trip you, I'm just saying that you can't do stuff like. It was one of the rules, remember?" Dad said and I could feel his eyes on me.

"Maybe watch the road instead of me. As much as I wouldn't mind going to see mum and Carter I'm sure you're pretty happy with your new wife and sons." I said snapping at him and although as soon as I said what I said I realised it was way to harsh but I still didn't really care.

"Charlie what is going on with you. One minute you seem happy to be here and the next you're saying things like that."

I didn't say anything and instead continued looking out the window until I saw we had arrived home. I was about to get out of the car when dad spoke up again, "Charlie if you pull something like that again I won't have a choice."

I started fake laughing as I yanked open my door and walked into the house with dad chasing after me.

"Charlie wai-" He said grabbing my arm as I entered the house.

"WHAT" I screamed.

"Just listen to me please" He pleaded still holding my arm.

I yanked my arm out of his grip, "So every time I act out you're going to threaten to send me to a fucking psych ward?" I screamed just as I realised everyone in the house was staring at us.

"Thats not what I'm saying, but you remember the rules we came up with and you knew what would happen if you broke them. I just want you safe, I lov-" He whispered as to try and keep our conversion private but I couldn't be bothered hearing anymore so I cut him off.

"Ok fine yeah whatever, can we just drop this subject" I said deadpanning.

"Ok as long as you promise not to do that again."

"Yeah whatever, I'm going to my room" I said and stormed off to find a crying Isaac in my bed.

"Hey darling" I said approaching him and getting in the bed with him.

"Why did you run away?" He said snuggling into me and looking really sleepy.

Before I could say anything he continued, "Was it because I was playing with Cormy and not you, because I'm really, really sorry" He said starting to cry again.

"No baby you did nothing wrong, I was just feeling a little bit sad, that's all." I said stroking his hair.

"Daddy was really worried, he almost looked as sad as he did when you were in the hospital" Isaac said yawning half way through.