3: Night Conversations

I woke up covered in sweat as I breathed heavily and turn over to look at my phone to see it was 3am. For me waking up at 3am is pretty good because it means I got 4 hours of sleep. I know 4 hours of sleep isn't enough to function properly but I've kind of gotten used to not sleeping now.

I quietly slip out of bed to make sure I don't wake up Isaac and slowly walk out of his room and into the kitchen to get a drink.

I slowly walk down the hallway and make my way to the kitchen. I wouldn't go as far as to say that the house is creepy at night but I don't exactly love walking down a dark hallway with only my phone light to illuminate the way.

I start to get really freaked out when I hear noises from the kitchen and have to try and calm myself down and hope that I don't start having an anxiety attack on the spot.

Every time I hear noises at night all of my rational thoughts go straight out of the window and my mind goes to the worse possible place that it could go.

My heart beats rapidly out of my chest and the sounds of my breathing becomes fast and shaky as I finally take a step into the kitchen and shine my torch. I make eye contact and scream before realising that its just one of the boys. He obviously didn't expect to see me either because we both ended up screaming in each others faces.

"Jesus Elliot you scared the shit out of me" I say to him whilst holding my hand on my chest.

"It's Elijah" He says in a bored voice.

"Right sorry I forgot what are you doing out here it's 3am" I ask in a questioning tone.

He smirks at me, "I could ask you the same question"

Ok I see how's he's going to play this, "Well every time I go to sleep I dream about crappy things and end up waking up in the middle of the night and then I can't fall asleep again, so what's you're excuse hmm?". Now who's smirking you little shit.

"Pretty much the exact same thing happens to me" He replies whilst looking at his phone.

Damn I expected him to just say that he was up late or maybe he had snuck out and just arrived home. What I wasn't expecting was for him to say he has nightmares, I wonder if there's a reason why he has nightmares? Maybe he just has bad lucks and gets them for no reason.....But he could be like me and have nightmares from PTSD.

Ok now I'm really intrigued to find out but I won't be nosey because I get pretty angry when people ask me about my past.

I walk into the kitchen to grab my drink before turning and leaving. Right as I was leaving Elijah calls out to me so I turn to face him.

He smiles slightly, "I was gonna go watch a movie in the lounge if you wanna join, I mean you don't have to I just thought I'd be polite, Mom says we need to be nice to you"

I slightly roll my eyes at his way of trying to me nice "Thank you so much for the generous offer" I say in a sarcastic voice. "I think ill just go to my room and watch something on my laptop though"

At that I wave slightly before turning around and walking into my new bedroom and shutting the door.

After watching many episodes of Vampire Diaries I hear Isaac crying and calling my name. I look at my phone to see it's now 8 am so he probably just woke up. I quickly get out of my bed and walk into his to see that all 5 boys are standing in there.

"Why the fuck are you all in my little brothers bedroom" I quickly walk over to Isaac and he hugs me whilst hiding from the boys.

"Calm down we were all in the lounge and we heard him crying so we came in to see if he was alright, do you seriously think all 5 of us got together this morning and decided to come in here and beat up a 3 year old" One of the twins says to me whilst giving off a duh expression.