22: The Best Day Of The Year

Luckily for the rest of the time that Dad and Sara were away everything went pretty smoothly. The day that they were supposed to be arriving home we were all running around like mad men trying to clean the house. 

The cherry on top was that Cormac had kept Isaac up watching a scary movie the night before so Isaac got no sleep, which meant I got no sleep, which meant we were both in terrible moods. Especially him.

Every little thing was setting him off, between his cereal being too soggy and the TV volume being too quiet, there wasn't a single thing that wouldn't make Isaac throw a tantrum. 

"Cormac!" I screamed after he had thrown yet another fit about something.

"What" He said coming in looking panicked due to the amount of cleaning we were having to do.

"Your the one who decided it would be a good idea to let him watch a scary movie which means you have to deal with him" I said picking Isaac up and holding him out to Cormac whilst he kicked and screamed. 

Instead of taking him he just grinned, "I believe I remember your Dad saying Isaac was your responsibility" He say's pointing a finger at me.

My arms were beginning to get tired but I continued holding him out to make a point, "Yeah well I stayed up with him all night because of you, so now it's your turn to deal with it."

Cormac just huffed and finally took Isaac from my outstretched arms, "What am I supposed to do with him?" 

"Firstly put him in time out for his behaviour and then just play with him and try and get him to calm down" I say as I walk out of the living room to go do the dishes. 

"I can't believe you're doing this to me during my birth week" Cormac shouted out to me in an exaggerated hurt tone.

"That's not a thing" I say in a sing song voice as I continue walking.

"IT IS" He yelled back before placing Isaac on the stairs for his time out.

After many hours of cleaning, the house looked spotless which was perfect timing too because five minutes later Sara and Dad were home.

"We're home" Dad shouted smiling as he dragged the luggage inside followed by Sara who looked as cheerful as ever.

Isaac was the first to rush over followed by the rest of us. I hugged Dad before going to hug Sara when I felt her stomach press against me, it was like she was pregnant. After a few seconds I realised that she seemed pregnant because she was pregnant. I guess with them being gone and her only just beginning to show, I had completely forgotten.

"Shit you look pregnant" I said abruptly looking at her stomach. 

The boys and Sara laughed a little whilst Dad just said, "Charlotte" In a stern tone.

"Charlotte" I say back in a mocking tone.

He just rolls his eyes before grabbing his and Sara's things and taking them to the bedroom too unpack.

All anyone heard at dinner that night was about Cormac's birthday, he just wouldn't shut up about it. From what presents he was going to get to what his cake looked like and him constantly repeating the saying, '16 is a big deal ya know'. I think everyone at the table was almost as suicidal as me by the end of the night.

By the time we were clearing the plates Isaac had genuinely fallen asleep in his chair. I agreed to take him to bed in order to not have to listen to Cormac's blabbering for any longer. Once I had tucked him into bed I heard Isaac whisper, "Thank god that worked" and I immediately burst into laughter.