Chapter Twenty-Two

To say days flew by is an understatement. Surprisingly, Chelsea never reported me to the Dean about her new nose job I gave her and she avoided me like the plague, her little groupies throwing a glare here and there at me but scurring after her pain in the ass.

Today's a beautiful day, the sun shining brightly down on us, the snow making everything look so white and pure as the deserted street infront of the school glistened with melted water glistening the pavement.

"Jewels!" Fingers snap in my vision, pink nail polish decorating Brenda's acrylic nails.

"What is it?" I turn to her with a freshly waxed eyebrow raised.

You see, Brenda booked us a much needed girl day to get our eyebrows, nails and feet down for the dance tomorrow,  much to my arguing.

It also didn't help that Luke all but tossed me in her car when Brenda realized she couldn't do it herself thanks to the new body muscle I was gaining from training with Isaac.

"When did you get so fat!" She had grunted sprawling to the floor with a huff.

"I am not fat!" I gasped a little offended, ploping down on her stomach to make a point with a pout.

"Can't. Breath. Fatty." She pretend gasps, letting her head lull to the side, tongue sticking out as she played dead. What she hadn't notice was Drew crawling towards her with a toy hammer and wacking her on the head with it with a loud thump.

"Drewy!" Brenda fake glared at my baby who giggled away as the guys howled in laughed from the kitchen doorway.

" l can't get over your new haircut!" She gushes in awe as she plays with my hair. It use to be so long, just reaching more than halfway down my back, but I got the wild thought and cut it all the way to my shoulders. To say Isaac was stunned is an understatement.

"Isaac, I'm home!" I holler closing the door to prevent the cold wind come into the house and kicked off my boots and tossing them near the messy shoe rack.

I hear him approaching from upstairs, probably tucking Vi in for bed since there's school tomorrow.

"How wa-what the fuck happened to your hair!" He had a bewildered look on his face when he came into view.

"What's wrong with it?" I ask, a little hurt that he might not like it. I hadn't thought about cutting it when I left, but I felt like I needed a little change so I spoke to Brenda about my wild idea and she all but dragged me across town to her favorite hair salon.

I have to admit, when I saw the first snip of my hair fall I almost cried.

"Its-uh I mean, i-it looks nice. Very... short?" He stammered, completely unsure of what to say.

"Does it look bad?" I question, dread taking over me as I second guess myself, but  even if he doesn't it's not like I can glue it back on. I loved how it turned out to be honest, I feel like my head isn't caring a 5 pound weight anymore and Drew won't be able to pull it as much, plus it'll be easier to take care of.