Chapter Eight

"I'll take Drew to his room." Isaac announce as soon we step into the silent house. Violet was the first one out of the car and darted straight to the kitchen, I guess we must have arrived at her school before she had time to eat lunch. I could hear her rummaging through the fridge, probably looking the quickest thing to eat.

"Thanks." I watch them disappear into the baby room before climbing down the stairs next to the kitchen and step into Tyler's room. I had packed some of his stuff into a box and shoved it in the way back of his closet, leaving it as another guest room, never knowing when or if he was going to come back. My brother had always wanted to have his bedroom in the basement, I never asked why because to be honest-I still wouldn't understand his reasoning. So with hun being gone, I did whatever I wanted to change the house. So mature, I know. Don't judge.

I glimpse around the big room and sigh in relief. Everything seems to be as I left it: vacant and without anything of his.

"Julianna?" I hear someone calling from the top of the stairs.

"Be up there in a second." I holler back, taking one last look over my shoulder at his band covered gray walls and neatly made bed with black covers and matching pillows. The floor seem to be covered in old dust, seeing as this room hasn't been used in a while, but other than that it still had Tyler written all over it thanks to those stubborn posters. I sluggishly make my way up the stairs and find Isaac pouring orange juice into a glass cup. How does he even manage to make that look hot?

"Hey." I smile brightly as I walk to the black cupboards and try to reach for a cup on the top shelf. I can hear him chuckling as I stand on the tips of my sneakers and reaching out as much as I can for the cup, but it just stands there mocking me. After jumping around for two more minutes I give up, who needs to stay hydrated anyways?

"Here. Let me." I can feel him stepping so close to me, my back pressed against his chest. My lungs seem to have forgotten how to work when my breath abruptly stops. you know the phrase, butterflies in my stomach? Yeah, no. I dont have that. More like killer BUMBLEBEES! Warmth spread throughout my entire body, as if knowing Isaac was near, craving for his presence to come closer but my heart beating rapidly in response. His hands gently land on my hips before I feel myself being lifted off the tiled floor and closer to the top shelf towards the freaking cup. I finally wrap my fingers around the stupid thing and wait to be set done once again.

"Thanks." I spin around and bury my face into his t-shirt. I yelp in surprise at the close proximity and hop on the counter, separately trying to create much needed distance.

"You okay?" Isaac asks, his always present smirk tugging at the corner of his lips. I can see amusement shining in his eyes as he peers down at me, waiting for me to say something.

"Never been better." I reply, mentally highfiving myself when my voice never once gave me away. Takethat, idiot!

"You sure?" He muses, stepping closer and my knees touching his lower abdomen.

"Mhmm." i hum in response. Nway will I be able to keep my cool now with him so close. I can feel heat spread on my cheeks no doubt turning pink and my hands shaking from nervousness. Without a word being spoken, Isaac grabs my knees and peels them apart slowly and ever so gently, just wide enough for him to take one more tiny step and stand in between them. His hands slowly creep up my tighs until their mid way up, making me let out a shaky breath I didn't even know I was holding. I look back up and find his face inches away from mine, way closer than I expected. I take the time to really look at him. His mesmerizing blue eyes are blazing with a hunger I've never witnessed while they stare back at mine, taking me hostage and daring me to look away. His tan skin looks so smooth I just want to reach and touch his face, as weird as that may sound. I drop my gaze to his lips, waiting in anticipation for him to make the first move.