Chapter Twenty-Five

I sit there, letting Brenda smear and pat stuff on my face as she does my make up for the dance, patiently waiting for her to finish 'working her magic' as she put it.How do girls love sitting in a chair for more than thirty minutes pulling and prodding stuff in your hair? I don't even like Brenda doing it and she's not yanking away as if she were trying to milking a cow.

"Stop twitching your nose!" She orders, brushing away on my cheeks with a deep red blush. I really hope she doesn't think this is a perfect time for a prank, I'm already nervous enough thinking of how Isaac is going to react to my dress.

"It itches." I complain, lifting my hands to try to scratch some relief to it and praying I don't mess up her perfectly crafted work.

"No." Something swats my hand away, denying me the relief I crave. I merely huff and resume trying to daydream I'm at a beach, watching the waves crash on to the shore as the sun sets, the type of scenery you only wish you could experience at least once in your life.

"Are you almost done?" I whine, practically hearing her eyes roll as I feel her finally leaving my personal bubble, allowing me to come back down from Lala Land.

"Yes, you dramatic donkey." I hastily pop open my eyes and quickly find her breath taking face in. She has a beautiful dark smoky eye on her eye lids followed by the sharpest winged liner I have ever seen and he skin is practically glowing with the highlight and blush at just the right places.

"Hurry up and get your dress on, the guys are already on their way back from Luke's house." She informs me while dragging me towards the closet where I kept our dresses hanging, not a wrinkle or crease in sight.

"I swear, sometimes I feel like loves you a little too much." Brenda muses, being careful not to mess her hair or masterpiece as the fabric of her white dress slides on and hugs her curbs perfectly.

"Stop, you know she feels bad Isaac and I have the troublemakers at such a young age." I shake my head denyingly and grab my floor length dress and step into it, loving the silky smooth feeling to it as it hugs me perfectly.

"Babe? Are you ready?" Luke booms from downstairs calling out to Brenda. I can hear footsteps scurrying around in the living room and kitchen. No doubt Caleb and Nick are searching for food and the rest of the guys are probably lounging around, waiting for us to be done.

"Ready?' I look up at Brenda as I finish with the last strap of the death traps I call heals, silently praying I don't accidentally fall and break a bone tonight.

"Let's go before they get a damn stain on their clothes, I do not want Luke to get sloppy joe on his gray shirt!" Brendas face pales at the thought of his shirt ruined, there for pictures being ruined too.

Chuckling I slowly follow her downstairs to the sound of voices coming for the kitchen.

"She told me she would be here in a minute." Caleb informs the room, not looking up from his phone, his fingers are tappin away on the screen at lighting speed, probably the she he was just talking about.

"Who?' I ask, standing next to my best friend right under the doorframe and quickly noticing Isaac is not with them, much to my surprise. All of their heads snap up at the soon of my voice announcing our presence. To say you could hear a pin drop would be accurate.

"Who's coming?" Brenda repeats the question impatiently, placing a perfectly manicured hand on her hip, the stones on her acrylic nails sparkly as brightly as the gems on her corset.

"You look beautiful." Luke breaths, walking straight to Brenda with a bright smile on his face. The sass completely sheds from Brenda's body while Luke plants a kiss on her forehead, turning her to puddle in his arms.

"You know Tessa from Environmental Science? I asked her to be my date tonight and she said she could meet us here." Caleb stutters, hand rubbing the back of his neck as his eyes focus on the tile floor beneath him. I can note a slight blush spreading on his cheeks as the guys jokingly make silly jabs at him for being the next whipped in the group.

"No way! She's such a sweetheart." I gush completely ecstatic at the idea of Caleb finding someone who peaks his interest. He deserves someone who'll treat him well and have the same sense of humor, he's a one in a million even when he's being a goof. I watch them all chat amongst themselves as we wait for Isaac and Tessa join us, still a bit early before we have to head out. Brenda takes the time to go upstairs to go grab her phone and purse and probably take a few selfies in my full length mirror. I go to the living room to give the guys some privacy to talk about whatever and on listen to the music someone has playing from the speakers and let the calmly melody relax me as I lean against the hallway wall.

"You look breathtaking." I feel someone breath in my ear, someone standing too close to comfort, someone who is not the owner of a soothing rumble of Isaac's voice, but just as deep tone an inch from my face. At the corner of my eye I lock gazes with Luke, who's standing next to me sans my best friend who's still probably upstairs taking her sweet ass time.

"Um, thanks." I chuckle uncomfortably and side step away from him, creating as much distance as I can at this moment. I lookup to see Isaac still isn't in the room and pray he hurries his ass back from wherever he is, not really keen on the look Luke has in his eyes, the same look as the day in the kitchen.

Fucks sake Isaac, where are you?