Chapter Eighteen *unedited*

"Isaac, Brenda and I are going shopping." I call holler from the kitchen as I shut off the stove and turn to place all the pots and pans on the counter before I pour us each a cup of tea with sugar and orange juice next to our plates full of food.

"What for?" He asks, strutting through the door frame, pulling his dark v-neck down his impecable torso.

"She needs to go dress shopping for the winter formal." I tell him, placing scrambled eggs and bacon on a plate before sliding it his way. He gives a quick kiss on the cheek before we settle in our seats and devour our food.

I've really never gone to dance, I prefer to stay at home in my pajamas and play with Drew. But this time was different, Isaac had gotten custom made shirts in the kids sizes and each one said "Let's boogie or you'll get a noogie". What made it cuter was that Drew was a milk rush and jumping like a little kangaroo. I still have the picture of the three of them wearing those shirts as my home screen for when I just need a smile.

The kids had stayed with Luke and his family, his mother practically ripping Vi and Drew out of our arms with the words 'you're teenagers for fuck's sake.' So here we are, in a quiet home with no crying kids or wailing plastic dolls. Sad thing is, we actually miss our kiddos. We had nothing to do for these few days with the house all to ourselves-I mean, not most of the time anyways. We have had a date night mostly watch movies late at night without pausing a movie to go take care of our kids, but mostly we usually end up falling asleep or you know, normal couple-y stuff. I still take the plastic babies, Everest and Eziquiel, from Luke so he can have some free time, but ither than that, it's like I don't know what to do with my life.

Derrick and the guys came to hang with Isaac yesterday while Brenda and I decided to go to her house and have much needed girl time. I think Isaac and I both needed time to hang out with our best friends and some time apart.

Apparently Luke finally manned up and asked her to be his date for Homecoming.I was a little hesitant at first to speak to Luke a few days back after what had taken place in the kitchen but apparently he was high as kite and he thought he was practicing before actually asking Brenda. I don't understand how that even works, but I just let it go. Of course I had told Isaac about what happened and boy was he infuriated about what his best mate tried to pull, but they quickly worked it out. I wouldn't want to ruin their friendship.

As for Jared and Brenda, apparently that was only physical,  no strings attached,  they even had me fooled but everything between Luke and Jared was great too and I am not one to judge.

Isaac merely mumbled a response before leaving the kitchen for a few minutes and going up stairs scrambling around our room for a solid 5 minutes before waltzing back in, now holding out a wad of cash in my direction.

"What's that?" I stare at his hand as if he were offering me a scorpion, completely confused as to why he's giving me money.

"For your dress." He speaks slowly, the 'DUH' practically being crystal clear. I see him fighting a smile as look at him like he's lost his marbles-which I think he has if he thinks for one second I'm going to take it.

"I don't need it." I shake my head while walking around to get near the exit. Rushing to the left I grab my purse of the hook next to the door before sliding on my UGGs with a bit of struggle and reach to open the door, letting the cool air kiss my face as cloudy sky lets the sun peak out.

Before I can step out the threshold Isaac's hand slams the door firmly shut, his body blocking my exit. I glare at him, hoping he'll get the message to move. But nooooooo, we stand there wasting time just glaring at each other before he grabs my purse and stuffs all the money into it, daring me to argue.

"Isaac, I do-" I groan throwing my head back about to protest. But before i can even finish my sentence his hand tangles in my hair and my head brought forward, my lips meeting with his soft, inviting lips mold with mine fighting for dominance, completely making me sigh in defeat.

"I love you." Isaac whispers, resting his forehead on mine as we look at each other, love sick smiles adorning our faces completely forgetting I was already running late to meet my best friend.

I finally meet my best friend at the mall, where she seems to be devouring a Big Mac with three huge bites. Needless to say, we pigged out on fast food until we got down to business. We went store hopping, from JC Penny to Macys, Carlsons, Sears, Burlington, Ross and Discovery. I miss DEB so much, that store EVERYTHING.

"What about this one?" Brenda holds up a floor length, white dress with a slit on the left side of her leg from bottom to mid-thigh with gems circling her waist and a sleeveless bodice hugging her chest perfectly, making her beautiful skin look amazing.

"It's the one!" I gush, a huge smile lighting up her face as she twirls around, looking at herself in the mirror.

"Julianna?" I felt as if a bucket of ice got thrown at me at the sound of a melodic voice callingg my name, making turn around to meet ugly brown eyes. The women before me has dark, curly hair that reaches past her shoulders, her skin a beautiful hispanic tan.

"Mother..." I gasp, the wind punched out of my gut as a sadistic grin spreads on her thin lips, her eyes burning with nothing but pure hatred.

Fuck. Was all I could think as I saw my phone flashing my brother's name before the woman closed to small gap between us, that sick, twisted smile still in tack.

"How's my baby Alexandro doing?" She asked, her eyes giving away the joy she has making me squirm. She looks at Brenda and compliments her on the dress, not that it mattered because it seemed that Brenda has just seen a ghost by how pale her skin is.

Tyler go get Drew from Luke's! I manage to text before Mother turns her full attention on me back to me.

"So," She draws looking down at her cat nails, "Let's talk about my son."  Venom oozing off her body, all directed towards me with one step less between us. I feel as if thks store gor ten times smaller, the walls closing in on me as she comes closer. It was like a nightmare I was so deaperately trying to waks up from but all to vail.

I stood frozen like a gazzel watching a lion stocking towards it, just waiting for the attack.

oh gosh, where's a miracle or lighting when you need it?