Chapter 24

After maybe twenty minutes, he gave me a questioning look and I nodded. He let out a breath, and started again. "Right, well, you should know that not every wolf belongs to a pack. Some of them are rouges. They live by no law and some manage to live in the woods completely. Some live more civilized lives. More human than anything else." I nodded along with his words. This was so fucking much. "One other thing you should know is that Aiden knows." I snap my head to him.

"Aiden?" He nods.

"He's one of our human ambassadors. He keeps us in the loop on terms of what people know and how people are feeling about our decisions," he says. I gape at him. Then it kind of made sense. The way he reacted to the scar. Cole looks at me confused. "What do you mean?" I was confused then I scowled.

"I don't like that," I say. He smiles slightly. My thoughts aren't even my own.

"Yes they are." I glare at him and he chuckles a little. "You just need to learn when the link is open and when it isn't."

"It's my fault?" He nods and I curl my lip.

"What? It's flattering most of the time," he says, smirking at me. I gape at him, a small blush creeped up on my cheeks. I bit my lip, looking down. A small laugh comes from beside me.

"You look gorgeous." I look at him. He was smiling, not smirking. The blush deepened a little. I roll my eyes, pushing him, crossing my arms. "See? Adorable."

I turn to glare at him where he stopped. "Stop that!"

"Why?" He was smirking again. I groan, going back up to him. He kept his eyes on me as I approached him, still smirking.

"You're an ass," I say, grabbing his hand, pulling him. He doesn't budge, instead he pulls me back against him. He quickly lifted me up, not the same way as before. This time my arms and legs were wrapped around him. Why the fuck am I blushing?!

He was still smirking. And I could see it despite the dark. "You like me," he says, normally. I roll my eyes.

"Only in your dreams," I say. He pouts dramatically. Now I was starting to see how he and Axel could be friends.

"I know you like me. I've heard you," he says. I groaned, resting my head on his shoulder.

"I really hate that," I mumble. I feel his chest move as he laughs a little. Then I got an idea. I smirked. My turn.

I lightly kiss his neck and I felt him tense a little. His grip on my thighs tightened a little. I trailed soft kisses up his neck, and along his jaw. He didn't say anything. Only when I placed a small kiss right next to his lips did a low growl escape him. I smirked a little more. I pulled my head back, looking at him.

His gaze was glued to my lips. I decided to mess with him a little more. I poked my tongue out, wetting my lips a little. I moved back to his jaw, kissing a certain spot. His grip tightens again and I put my hands in his hair. That part was definitely for me. I licked a small strip on his skin, evoking yet another rumbling in his chest. I smiled. I liked that I could do this.

He pulled me even closer, leaving no space between our chests. A small giggle escapes me. Well, it's only fair, I guess. After another small kiss, I pulled my head back again. Even in the dark I could still see his eyes darkened. I wondered what that meant for a second, before it clicked in my head. His wolf. I smirked a little. His eyes faded back to normal and he loosened his grip on me a little bit.

"I never went that far with you," he says, almost like he's annoyed. I smirked a little more.

"You liked it," I say. He scoffs. I pout, much like he did before. "Wasn't that what you were dreaming about?" His gaze hardens. He watches my lips turn into a smirk again and he matches it. I knit my brows. Why the hell was he smirking?