Chapter 15

Maggie took me home that night. She spent some time talking to Axel, Alec and I. She talked to Aiden is his office, too. Then she left.

It's been almost a month.

Things have... changed? Is that the right word to describe it?

Cole and I haven't really talked about it. He hasn't really had the opportunity. Kayla and Taylor keep getting to me before he can. That, or Axel is there. And, the few times I've been out at the bleachers he hasn't gone. Also, we're in the same room for study hall, but no talking. Of course we sit next to eachother in Math, but he still hasn't tried to ask any questions in there.

Speaking of school. And sitting next to Cole. We were in English. Yes, the terrible class that had an evil teacher. He claps his hands and lean on his desk. Everyone looks over at him.

"Alright. As you may have heard, the senior class is going on a trip," he says. A few people nod. "Good. We're going camping!" He says. I raise an eyebrow. They're allowing teenagers to go into the woods with a few supervisors and tents? That's their brilliant plan?

"The whole grade?" Someone asks. He nods.

"Yeah, well, those who get the permission slip in on time," he says. He hands the people in the front row a stack of papers and they start getting passed back. When it gets to me I see that it is on green paper, with clipart illustrations on it.

I read the paragraph on the top of the page. A week in the woods with my English class. So that's how they're breaking it up? By English class? The site is basically a half day ride on its own.

He taps the desk of every other row, including my own. There were a total of four rows. So, my row and the row on the other side of Cole.

"Everyone in the rows I tapped! Look to your left, and meet your new roomate!" He says. I freeze. Seriously? I mean, yeah I guess the majority of people got someone of the same gender. There were only like three pairs that got someone of the opposite gender. Me included. Me and Cole.

I look at Cole and raise an eyebrow, not showing the fact that I'm kind of freaking the fuck out!

A small smirk appears, but it leaves just as quickly.

"Yeah, yeah, I know. But, they told me to do it however I wanted. And I choose this way because it's easiest." I roll my eyes at his laziness. And so open about it, too.

I look back down at the paper. The trip was in like three weeks. And the paper was due in a week.

I wanted to hit my head against the wall. This whole thing SCREAMED bad idea.

So, easy. Don't go. I had a feeling that Axel would jump at the opportunity to go. But once he hears who I'm paired with, he'll probably chain me in my room. All of them probably will.

Sharing a tent with Cole for a whole week.

That sounded like... an interesting idea. I... no. I can't. The whole week would be awkward. It would just be Cole messing with me the whole time. And maybe a little bit of me messing with him. But, definitely more so him messing with me.

But, I couldn't help feeling a little intrigued by the idea.

I look back up as he starts talking again. "So, as you can see you've got a week to hand it in. And three weeks until the trip. So, be sure to get it in on time."

I roll my eyes, putting it in my backpack. I didn't plan on going.

When the bell rings, I stand up grabbing my backpack. I go to walk out but, I feel a hand on my wrist and the usual electrical feeling meaning it's Cole.