Chapter 40

Breakfast was normal actually.

Weirdly.

Maggie was there too since she's going to be heading home tomorrow. Tyler is getting worried and, you know, she does have a job that doesn't actually revolve around me.

Taylor showed up at the house around one unannounced. I open the door since Ax and I were hanging out in the living room. She storms in as soon as I open the door.

"God, I hate men!" She exclaims. I gesture out in into the house as I shut the door.

"Yeah, Tay, come on in," I say sarcastically. "So good to see you here." She keeps pacing back and forth in the entry way.

"I'm serious, men suck. I'm done. I don't want one anymore, not one. I'm convinced. There isn't a single good one left on planet Earth," she says. Ax walks in and tosses his arms out.

"Rude," he says. Taylor waves him off like he's barely there.

"You've been brother-zoned since the fourth grade. You don't count," she says. I laugh a little and cross my arms, watching her continue to pace. "Men, though-no. Boys. Every single one is a boy." Then she points her finger up and turns to me, tossing her arms out in a similar fashion as Axel. "Maybe that's it, I've never actually had to deal with men. It's always been annoying little boys who need to learn how to keep their dick in their pants." I sober up at the last comment.

"Okay, woah, woah, woah. Back up. What?" She pouts a little and puts her hands on her hips.

"I... okay, I didn't tell you or Kay but... I went to the mall. I got asked out by this fine ass guy and I went last night," Taylor says. I stare at her.

"You went on a date?" I ask. She nods slowly, pressing her lips together. I see movement behind her and on the look over railing but I was kinda focused on the situation.

"Yeah. I did. And when we got in his car after going to a movie, he pounced. It was disgusting. I feel violated," she says. I stare at her. I was at a loss for words.

"Are... are you okay? What happened?" She sighs and runs a hand through her hair.

"We were in the front seat, right?" She pauses and raises an eyebrow at me. I nod and she continues. "He kept moving his hand up my leg, getting his face all up in my personal bubble." She gestures manically around her head. "He was talking 'sexually'." She uses air quotes and rolls her eyes. "I got out of the car before we even left the theater. I called a cab. I threw up, I have already taken three showers and I ranted to my mom." She lets out a breath and rubs her eyes.

"I'm literally on like an adrenaline rush. Kayla's out in the city for the day so I came here because my mom's done with my ranting, sorry," she says. I shrug, crossing my arms.

"No problem." I take an awkward step towards her. "I don't know what I can do to help, though." She pouts a little, rocking on her feet.

"I don't know either. Like, I know guys are gross. I've dealt with guys in school and out in the wild before. I mean, males." She gives me a pointed look and I chuckle and nod. "But I thought I had a good eye for gross ones. And I went out with one." She curls her lip, hugging herself tightly. "I wish men would all collectively die in a ditch."

"Taylor!" Axel calls from the other room.

"With a few exceptions!" She quickly calls over her shoulder. I glance up to see Abel leaning over the rail, watching the interaction. Taylor follows my gaze and groans. She gestures up at my brother and looks at me, looking annoyed. "Speaking of the majority." I roll my eyes and she turns a little to look up at Abel properly. "It's rude to eavesdrop."