Chapter 10

When the bell rang, I didn't rush out. Because, as much as I wanted distance between Cole and I, I didn't want to go hangout with Kayla and Taylor. I barely know them.

I see Cole stand up, but I just sit back and run my hands down my face. Basically the entire class was outside and Mr. Martin was outside his door saying bye to everyone.

It seemed way to quick that I was suddenly alone with Cole. I was about to turn to question why he hadn't left, but then I feel his hot breath on my ear. I freeze, knowing he was standing behind my chair.

"You look good without the makeup," he whispers in my ear and I practically melted. I was glad I hadn't stood up because I was sure my knees would have given out. Wait. When did he see me with makeup? The mall? He didn't look at me for that long. And he was pretty far away.

Not like right now. Right now, he was breathing down my neck. His lips were only a couple inches away from my ear. A weird temptation to turn around quickly and press my lips to his scared me. I obviously didn't do it. I would freak him, and myself, out. So, no. No, no, no, no, no. Shut up, stupid heart. Listen to my brain. Though, my brain wasn't much better. My mind specifically.

I felt his fingers curled around my chair behind me. But they quickly disappeared as he stood up.

"That's an invasion of person space," I say bitterly. I hated what he did. Especially because I wasn't facing the other way.

Yes. I've kissed guys before. But I've never gone to far with anyone, mainly because of the bruises.

"You didn't seem to mind," he says, walking past me without glancing at me. I glare at his back and grab my bag, which already had its stuff in it. Before he could leave the room, he stopped. I raised an eyebrow as I finally approached him.

"Are you gonna leave?" I ask, annoyed. He rolls his eyes and glances at Mr. Martin who was still talking to a few kids in the hall.

"What did Kayla and Taylor say to you earlier?" He asks, and a burst of laughter escapes my lips. This only seems to annoy him further. "What?"

"Oh, this-this is beautiful," I say clapping my hands together, still laughing. He just continues to glare at me. "Oh, come on! Are you being serious?" I ask. He glares and goes to leave.

I put a hand on his arm, pulling him back. A sudden tingling shot through my body from where I was touching him. I was almost tempted to just leave my hand there, but I awkwardly put my hand down, latching onto my lip with my teeth. The sensation was basically addicting.

He stares at me for a second, and I clear my throat. He raises his eyebrows, clearly waiting for my answer. "Look, they just wanted to know why you were talking to me earlier. And I just thought it was funny that you asked because the way they talked about you made you sound apathetic," I tell him honestly, me being me I had to add some level of sass to it. "And, I thought so too, seeing as you did tell me you didn't care. And, I'm assuming that still stands." He just studies me again, this time it was more like everyone else. He was trying to figure out if I was telling the truth. "I also got forced into hanging out with them, so there's that too."

A small smile appears on his face, as though he's amused by my situation. "Yeah, they have a talent for getting what they want."

"I don't know about that," I say without thinking. I squeeze my eyes shut and try to finish the conversation by walking by him. I get stopped by him grabbing my arm, and I let out a yelp as I jump away from him. His eyes were a little widened and laced with concern.

But soon, even that fades. I cross my arms tightly over my chest.

"Uh, what do you mean?" He asks, uncomfortable but trying to get back on track. I was a little thankful for that.