Chapter 17

I got to go home that day. Then, I spent a day at home with the guys. And then, I'm back at school.

When I walk into the school, I had my earbuds in and walked straight for first period. I let out a breath, slumping in my seat. And then he walks in.

He looks directly at me and walks over to me. Damn. Is it possible he got more attractive over the course of two days? Beacause HOLY SHIT. Fucking kill me now, why don't you. A small smirk appears on his face, and I knit my eyebrows. What was he smirking at? Well, he was a bit busy looking at my shoulder. I thought I covered it up...

He stops next to me. I raise an eyebrow.

"Is there a problem?" He lets out a breath, and crouches down besides my desk. I sat up a little straighter.

"How's your shoulder?" Seriously, what happened in the time that I didn't see him? What changed? Like, yeah he had an affect on me before, but... NOW?! I knit my eyebrows, and eye him suspiciously.

"How do you-"

"I have my ways. How is it?" He asks. I swallow. I avoid looking in his eyes. Because... well, I think I've made myself clear.

"It's fine." He does his little look thing that... AHH. Fuck him.

"Do you... remember how you got it? Do you remember what happened?" I nod and he shifts a little uncomfortably.

"Why?" He snaps his eyes back to mine and my breath hitches. He glances behind himself and stands up. He sits in his seat as the teacher walks in. I turn to him. "Seriously, are you part animal or something? How did you hear that?" He looks a little uncomfortable again. I roll my eyes, turning back around. He puts a hand on my shoulder, the one that had a fresh new scar, and goosebumps. BRO. It's not even skin on skin contact! What the hell?!

I turn back to him. He looks a little desperate. "It's hard to explain. The why and the how," he tells me. I clench my jaw. Just when I thought I was getting used to this boy's affect on me, I'm forced right back to the starting line.

"I've got time," I say. He gives me a pointed look. I roll my eyes. "I will have time. Just tell me when." He lets out a breath, and I raise an eyebrow.

"Please, it's not that easy," he says. I open my mouth to say something but someone runs into the classroom. I turn to see Axel frantically looking around. He spots me, and barely glances at Cole. He walks over to me, placing the green paper from the other days on my desk.

"No." He frowns.

"Please? Aiden won't let me unless you go," he pleads.

"You're an adult. Just sign for yourself," I say. He knits his brows.

"Would that work?" He asks. I nod slowly. He huffs. "Yeah, okay, but you're still going."

"Why?"

"Because. Taylor and Kayla want you to?" It comes out as a question and I raise an eyebrow. "Alright, uh," he glances behind me at Cole. He seems to think for a second. "I'll owe you or something. Just, c'mon. Sign right there," he says pointing to the paper. I groan, leaning back in my seat.

"Ax-"

"I won't say anything, about anything," he says, briefly glancing at Cole again. I tense up a little. I glare at him.

"Why do you want to go so bad?" I ask. He scratches his neck. I smirk a little. "Hold on, Kayla's in your English class." He avoids looking at me. "Did you get paired with her?" He glances behind himself as the bell rings.

"Yes, alright, now, sign," he says. I laugh.

"Oh, this is priceless," I say. He glares at me. I roll my eyes and pluck the pen out of his hand. He grins as I sign. "Don't make me regret this." He messes up my hair and I slap his arm aways.