Chapter 29

"Hey, Ax, what did Abel say to you when he chased you down?" I ask. Axel chuckles, popping up again so I could see him.

"Something about how it was supposed to be a secret," Axel says. Cole scoffs. I look at him and raise an eyebrow.

"Please, everyone knew they liked eachother," he says, rolling his eyes. Axel takes a second of staring at him before smiling and nodding in agreement.

"Yeah."

"Wait, Tay, wasn't Abel your first kiss?" Kayla asks. Taylor's eyes widen and she stares at Kayla.

"You bitch," she snarls. "You weren't supposed to tell anyone." I look at Taylor.

"Wait, really?" I ask. She crosses her arms and slumps in her seat.

"Yeah," she grumbles.

"When?" Axel asks.

"Seventh grade," Taylor says.

"What happened?" Axel asks, he was practically climbing over his seat and half in ours. Cole pulls me back, and I lean against him a little. Cole had his back to the window yet again, and turned me to be the same way. He curled the leg that was against the seat up and had me sitting in the space. My legs were draped over his curled up leg. He rested his head on my shoulder.

"Nothing!" Taylor exclaims.

"It was your first kiss, Taylor, I'm sure you remember it," I say. She glares at me and I feel Cole shift to look at me. She sighs and glances between me and the friends in the seat infront of me.

"We were hanging out at your house and you three were doing something and Abel made up some excuse about homework or whatever. I can't believe you guys actually bought it seeing as he was in eight grade and I was barely passing seventh."

"We didn't." All three of them say in unison. She gapes at them. I look over my shoulder at Cole and raise an eyebrow. A small smile picks at his lips, but he kept glancing over at Quinn's seat to make sure she wasn't paying attention to them.

"So, what did you think?!" She exclaims.

"You guys would go hangout on your own all the time. We probably didn't think anything of it," Axel says. She scowls.

"Fine. Well, anyways, we went up to his room and we did hangout for a while. But then he brought up kissing and I said I hadn't kissed anyone yet. Basically he offered to show me, and me being me, I gladly said yes
I didn't know until after that it was his first kiss too. So he lied to get me to kiss him. I know, very romantic," she says. I nod. "Alright, alright, what about you, Kay? Yours wasn't exactly from a romance novel either," Taylor says. Kayla blushes.

"Uh, it was eighth grade and it was one of the first parties of the school year. I went, and it was during a game of spin the bottle. And I don't remember who it was with." I shrug.

"That's not that bad," I say. She shrugs then looks at me.

"Wait, have you had your first kiss?!" I roll my eyes.

"Guys, I was raised in foster care not a convent," I say. They seem a little shy after that. I notice Cole listening to me pretty closely, which made me shift a little. "Uh, sophomore year. It was with a guy that helped me sneak out of my house to go to a party. I think his name was Sam? I don't really remember. But, that was also the night that my good foster home called the police to go and find me. And they found me, with him running 'cause he got scared. He tried to redeem himself but at that point I didn't really care." They stare at me.

"You got arrested the night of your first kiss?" Taylor asks. I nod. She puts her hands up. "That's it. You win. You have the most exciting life." I scoff.